Why was my question deleted without being answered? Broken screen want to erase internal memory

Why was my question deleted without being answered?  I thought this was a help board.

my droid razr's screen is broken and not responsive. I want to delete the internal memory, passwords, pictures, ect before sending it back to verison in exchange for the warranty replacement.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why was my question deleted without being answered? Broken screen want to erase internal memory

Novice

Just want to clarify. Device isnt showing up on the screen? no visuals? Hold down power button and volume keys for about 5 seconds and it should go to the reboot page to reboot it. and will wipe clean

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why was my question deleted without being answered? Broken screen want to erase internal memory

If you have access to a Lapdock, it does not need an active screen on the phone.  You can control all functions and see the screen on the Lapdock.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't own a lapdock, and there are no visuals at all on the phone.  Thanks! 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Don't need visuals on the screen.  Maybe a friend has a Motorola Lapdock.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi mountain444!

Sorry to learn of the fate of your RAZR. No worries, I can help you erase the device. You would simply do a master reset. I know you can't see the screen, and this is why there is a Preferred Method for this, as well as an Alternate Method. Please follow the steps for the Alternate Method listed below. Thanks!

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/49625/#alt

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Covid19