Why is reboot required to restore 4G mobile data on Droid Turbo 2?
NATTAY84
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Turbo 2 (XT1585) running 25.226.5.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US (latest) frequently cannot establish a 4G mobile data connection.

It seems especially common after I leave the range of my home/office WiFi.

The problem can be resolved by rebooting.

How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is reboot required to restore 4G mobile data on Droid Turbo 2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried toggling Airplane mode instead? It might necessary to replace your SIM card if the issue continues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NATTAY84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have tried toggling Airplane mode and also simply toggling mobile data.

I suppose I will seek a new SIM card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have another phone you can use, try seeing if you can replicate the issue in another phone. Or if you can use someone else's SIM card in your phone to see if the problem persists on your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want you to have the stable connection you are looking for, reliability is key. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. When did this begin? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software recently? Does this happen with all Wi-Fi connections or specifically one connection? Please ensure that the auto switch is on by following the steps at Auto Switch Between Wi-Fi & Mobile Data Networks - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
NATTAY84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello @lorenb_vzw,

It might be useful information that this is a bring-your-own-device Droid Turbo 2, which I was unable to activate online due to error "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network" however it successfully activated by dialing *228

Another useful fact: most of the time (except after reboot) apps (like Cell Singal Monitor Pro) are not receiving data from telephony module of the phone.

I have installed some apps.

The "Auto Switch" setting is enabled.

I really only use 2 WiFi connections (one at home and one at work) and it happens on both of them.

The problem is difficult to troubleshoot, since it only happens when I come and go which I only do twice a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the follow-up. With “Auto Switch enabled, let’s dig deeper by resetting the Access Point Name. No content is lost with these steps. Go to Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Access Point Names (APN) > 3 dots in corner and select “Reset to default”. After this, restart the device. Let us know if the handoff from Wi-Fi to mobile data is working now.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes