Why is my device announcing calls instead of ringing?
scottlitten

Hi,

I have a Droid Maxx (love it) but all my calls are being announced, but I don't get a ringtone. I have checked settings and the ringtone I selected is checked. Any ideas? Please.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls on Droid Maxx being announced, but no ringtone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I ove having a Ringtone on my device Scottlitten! Without it, I would never know it was my phone ringing! I can see where this feature may be a little annoying. There should be a way to remove this though. You can go to Phone > Menu > Settings > Caller ID
 Readout. From here you can turn this feature off. Please test and then let us know if you continue to have trouble with this.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do you want just ringtones or just announcements or both?  Check this:  tap the phone icon, then menu, then settings/other settings.  You might find what you are looking for there.

scottlitten

Not sure y I got this message

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Because you wanted a reply to your post in the Verizon Community.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I ove having a Ringtone on my device Scottlitten! Without it, I would never know it was my phone ringing! I can see where this feature may be a little annoying. There should be a way to remove this though. You can go to Phone > Menu > Settings > Caller ID
 Readout. From here you can turn this feature off. Please test and then let us know if you continue to have trouble with this.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes