Why is my Droid Razr Maxx suddenly so slow?
SlowDroid

I've had the phone about 18 months, and for the last two months, the phone periodically (every 3 days or so) get excruciatingly slow.  It will take 60-90 seconds to load an app, there will be a 10-20 second delay after each input on the screen.  It's maddening.  I have deleted all but the bare minimum of apps, too.  I'm getting very frustrated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my Droid Razr Maxx suddenly so slow?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can be tricky sometimes to press the right buttons at the right time.  You could try this slightly alternate method:

Wipe Cache Partition - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try running a system cache clear (it shouldn't erase any of your data):

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode

Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:

press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

0 Likes
SlowDroid

I don't know if I'm just misunderstanding the instructions, but I can't get into the "boot mode."  Nothing happens when the phone is powered off and I hold all three buttons down.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can be tricky sometimes to press the right buttons at the right time.  You could try this slightly alternate method:

Wipe Cache Partition - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

0 Likes
SlowDroid

I tried again, and it worked this time. I'll have to wait and see how long

the phone runs well for. Thanks!

0 Likes
dynomike12

I had a huge amount of emails in my POP account. Deleting the emails worked for me. However, be sure you have a copy somewhere else first (e.g. computer setup with POP, email server, etc.). Also, not sure how this would work for IMAP and deleting IMAP will delete from email server.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   Please see Re: Droid Razr Maxx is painfully slow<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blahblah_gc,

We want to get your phone up and running smoothly again. We're not able to see the entire message but I'm happy to help with the information provided. When did this start? Check your memory to ensure you're not running low. Are you on the most current software? If so, we have a quick and easy way to find out if third party content is affecting it, place the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1gSVlF5 and use for a few hours.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes