Re: Why is it that over 60 Complaints have been made to verizon about the razr screen cracking, and there is still no known issue ? Any answers Verizon?
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Nothing would stop some moron from deliberately breaking their screen to get a freebie every time they couldnt figure out how to get their email or use their power button.  Horrible idea.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that over 60 Complaints have been made to verizon about the razr screen cracking, and there is still no known issue ? Any answers Verizon?
rweathers07
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my stupid phone since July 20th. It is the 8th of August. Do the math. My screen cracked from a drop that literally was knee level. Shattered in the left hand bottom of the screen and then cracked in 3 separate places. Verizon won't help and I doubt Motorola will either. They DO know about this issue but they won't help. My suggestion to all of you is to contact an attorney on Lemon Law. They are all over the internet. A lot of them will actually take your case without upfront costs and you may be entitled to damages. Just sayin. That is my next step anyway.

BDA
Contributor - Level 1

I was considering getting a Razr for awhile, but with the screen cracking issues I am thinking not. I ran into a friend that has the Maxx and they are extremely careful with their phones and it has a crack along the bottom. Said they didn't drop it, just appeared overnight. Luckily with a screen protector on it you can hardly see it when the screen is on.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

There still a good choice especially the Maxx mine has took a small Tumble or Two and the Glass is Fine So is the Inner Screen. With any high end device you just have to show it the Care!  Like you would do with a high end pair of prescription Glasses you clean em with a Quality style cloth, you keep them in the Case when your not wearing them and they should Last 3 to 4 maybe 5 years. that's all that needs to done. b33Smiley Happy  i'v had my same frames and Lenses since 98 they might have a nick here or there but still do the Job. But as i did with my phones i'm going to update Soon! Looking at Oakley's or Izod's.. Frames, Lenses i'm up in the air on that one..

0 Likes
JeffL3603
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more reason not to buy Motorola phones.  They have a reputation for making phones that break easily.

0 Likes
tyler1218
Enthusiast - Level 2

Abuse causes cracks. Enough said. People are crying because they choose to not take care of a phone.

boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Normally, I would agree with you but they push the Maxx as being a phone that is built like a tank, made of kevlar, has gorilla glass, etc.  They make it sound like it's unbreakable.  I've dropped my Droid charge many times and never had any issues with it (mainly because it was a piece of crap to begin with so . . .).  I've definitely never had a screen cracking issue. 

So if you have a phone that is KNOWN for it's durability and markets it that way, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be upset when a phone takes a fairly small tumble (let's be honest, that's basically wear and tear for cell phones) and then the screen cracks. 

Do you feel that's unreasonable?

Tidbits
Legend

Honestly to me yes. What if people abused the phone too much and the fall drop was the last straw? The thing is advertised to be more durable but not indestructible. Nothing is indestructible. A lot of people honestly do not know how much stress they put on their devices. I have more than a few times a year coworkers complain about how their device broke and I laugh because they were somewhat abusive without knowing it. Some of them downright believed they handled with care. Seen countless times someone whacks it accidentally without knowing it and then a few days later dropping the device on a corner by accident. That's the breaks a couple of well place blows will cause things like that. It doesn't have to be all at once.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

I see what you're saying.  I think it's safe to say that if you have a pattern for abuse, yes, it makes sense you'll have cracks on your phone.  But do you think that everyone that's reported this has actually stressed their phone that much or do you think there's a possibility that the phones (whether it be a large or a small percentage) were flat out manufactured poorly and it's resulting in these kind of cracks?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

100% yes I do. If this was a prevailing problem like these people claim it would have been through everywhere and not a handful places like reviews and this forum. I am willing to bet some of these are repeat people using different screen names to male it appear to be a larger number. Some people believe they are careful with their devices, but actually are not. For instance jean pockets and sitting down, or leaning against something. Putting it in your back pocket and sitting down. Having an argument over the phone(I see people death grip their phones all the time). These little things over time can cause breakage in the long run.

0 Likes