Why does the Marshmallow update keep failing on my device?
mrjimi
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Android 6.0 update failed to apply.  The phone never even did the first restart.  I called support and then suggested I try to update though the computer but I am not getting the update option from the computer.  Only the Repair option is available.  I would like to try upgrading before flashing the phone.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Just for clarification, I have downloaded the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade program and the phone is correctly set to Media device (MTP) and Software installation is ON.

Thanks,

Jim

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid turbo 2 Marshmallow update failed
mrjimi
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI...I seem to have answered my own question.

I restarted the computer and I also moved the USB cable from a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port.  I think it was the USB 3.0 port that was blocking the Upgrade Assistant from recognizing my device.

After switching to the USB 2.0 port the PC recognized the device and found the Software Update.

The upgrade is now running.

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrjimi
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI...I seem to have answered my own question.

I restarted the computer and I also moved the USB cable from a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port.  I think it was the USB 3.0 port that was blocking the Upgrade Assistant from recognizing my device.

After switching to the USB 2.0 port the PC recognized the device and found the Software Update.

The upgrade is now running.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
whj8641
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem with my Turbo 2. Read about a fix using a laptop (avoiding USB3 apparently) but I am not techy enough to do it.  I hope Verizon has a more straight forward fix ahead.

0 Likes
Re: Why does the Marshmallow update keep failing on my device?
eroupe117

Well it's not working for me. It is definitely in a usb 2.0 port. This is the message i get when i open up the Motorola device manager. My phone is encrypted not sure if this has something to do with it? Would be nice if verizon would fix the OTA feature.

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes