Re: RAZR updated to 98.72.165 and now loses signal and reboots often
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Azjeeps, thanks for going through all of that trouble shooting - including the factory reset. You are doing everything right and because of your updates we are on the same page! Is your phone within the one year manufacture's warranty or do you carry insurance coverage? Does your phone have any physical/liquid damage like this -> http://vz.to/1c1xPaw ? Let us know so we can recommend options!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am out of the one year. I do have the extended warranty from a third party Protect Cell.

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

No damage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing additonal information azjeeps. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. Do you have many third party applications installed on your device? Can you try running your phone on safe mode, then test your device. To learn how to run your phone on safe mode click, http://vz.to/1jWQTKz

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

azjeeps,

Thanks for the update! We definitely want to get to the bottom of this and get this to start working like it used to. Did you re-download any applications or additional media to the phone? When you complete a factory reset and see improvements, then goes back to the same issues it tells us it's content related.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Azjeeps,

That's not good! I know how frustrating it can be when your phone is not working properly. How long after you Hard Reset the device did you load your applications back to the device? It sounds like the software could be corrupted. How much free internal memory is available on the device http://vz.to/1eoakMe ?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have a lot of extra apps. App storage available 1.58gb. Internal storage available 7.07gb. They were almost all reinstalled after reset from backup and updated via Google play. Some apps weren't reinstalled. The first time I noticed it rebooting was after over 24 hours of up time. Currently has 24 hours up time again. This all started right after the firmware update.

0 Likes
azjeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have a lot of extra apps. App storage available 1.58gb. Internal storage available 7.07gb. They were almost all reinstalled after reset from backup and updated via Google play. Some apps weren't reinstalled. The first time I noticed it rebooting was after over 24 hours of up time. Currently has 24 hours up time again. This all started right after the firmware update.

So another update, it will go for about 24 hours then lose signal, but it is NOT rebooting, just won't get a signal.  I have left it in this state for a few hours and it never recovers. I have tried switching to Airplane mode and even the networks, with no change.  If I reboot it manually it recovers, even though it took it 2 times on one occasion.

0 Likes
DanielsFarm

My phone has decided that it will not allow any devices to use my hotspot for Internet access. It's like it locked out all of my devices. When I call customer service they try to get me to buy another phone. Rather than replace my phone I have to buy a new one? This is the 6th replacement I've had in less than a year. I'm tired of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

azjeeps,

I appreciate you keeping us posted with all the steps and results. When your device loses signal, is this only affecting your 3G/4G or is it also affect your voice as well? If this is only affecting your data, I would recommend replacing the 4G LTE SIM card. You can visit your local corporate Verizon Wireless store for a free SIM or we can ship one to you through customer service. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes