Why does my Droid Turbo power off, with plenty of battery available, for no reason?
Frato

Asked this question months ago at the local Verizon location  where the manager googled the issue and claimed there were not many issues coming up so there wasn't enough problems to warrant the phone being replaced. Here it is on this blog where many many people are STILL having the issue with no viable solution except shut down and charge to 100% or adjujst all the setting so the usage is reduced. What about the fact that this $450 phone shuts down at 30% battery life and nobody knows why? I've bought nothing but Moto for the last 25 years but seriously looking outside Moto and Verizon. Disgusted.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Turbo power off, with plenty of battery available, for no reason?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frato, I would be just as concerned with a device issue like this, affecting my phone's battery life and performance. We are here to help out. When you have a moment, please check this link:

http://spr.ly/65888xo0o

to review your batteries health. This way we have a better understanding of your battery in comparison to this experience.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Turbo power off, with plenty of battery available, for no reason?
DannyJK360

I've been a long time Verizon costumer and they have been good to me. I think the problem lies with Motorola. My Turbo worked fine for a couple of years. With my insurance Verizon helped me replace it for free. The new Turbo is doing the exact same thing. If I were a suspicious person I would believe Motorola is pulling an Apple and in a recent patch they installed this flaw to push folks for old phones to buy new phones. I will. But not Motorola. Whether this flaw is intentional or unintentional, they've lost me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DannyJK360,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your device. We want you to love your Droid Turbo. To clarify, are you having the same issues with your deivce shutting down with 30% battery still remaining?

If so, when exactly did your issues begin (after a sofware update, app download, etc..)?

LindseyT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NEB9073
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue of the phone powering down with plenty of battery remaining.  Upon completion of the shut down the phone displays a completely empty battery icon.  When I attach a charger the battery icon reappears on the screen (today showing 66%).  I depend on this phone for my lively hood and have missed a number of calls because of this issue.  The phone will ring and as I answer the call the phone powers off.  This is simply unacceptable!  It started at about 35% and has now begun to do it with 60+% remaining.  I don't have it loaded with apps and photos.  From my research this seems to be a common problem with the Droid Turbo.  I've done the "Health Check", I've watched video's until it drains to 15% then let it shut down and charged it with the power off hoping to reset the battery monitor.  Nothing works.  What's the fix?  I can't buy a new phone every 2 years.  I've always believed Motorola was a quality company.  My confidence is shaken!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NEB9073, having a reliable device is a must for me. Let's get this figured out. Has anything changed on the phone since the problem has started? Are you using the original charger for the device? Do you see an error when the device shuts down?

AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NEB9073
Enthusiast - Level 1

As far as I recall I may have added a store app but I didn't notice the issue immediately.  Today I used the phone to text a client and about noon the phone shut down as I was going to take a picture. When I plugged it in to the Turbo charger the battery Icon displayed empty the came up with 71% remaining.  This is becoming nearly unusable.  I use the original charger roughly 80% of the time and other chargers either as needed or during my sleeping hours.  I have not done a reset as I'm concerned I won't get my data back or I'll do something wrong and be without a usable phone.  There are no error messages displayed upon shut down, just the "powering down" banner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NEB9073-

Our goal is for you to have a working phone at all times, so I appreciate the details you've provided so far. Has the phone been dropped? Does it have any liquid or physical damage? Is the touch screen responsive?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
albrightfamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem.

No clear reason why this is happening. No phone damage. No new apps. 

I shouldn't have to keep it plugged into a charger 24/7. This is ridiculous.

Either fix it or replace it for free.

0 Likes
oldhardrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the original Turbo Charger 99% of the time.  There is never any error message at all.  I will be in the middle of something like reading or sending a text, taking a picture and that sound and shuts down.  Shows battery zero.  I plug it in, 2 minutes later I will touch the power button and it shows xx% (usually over 30%) then, I will turn it back on and it shows that amount of charge left.

This phone also hates cold.  If temps are below about 50degrees F, it will shut down when I try to take a foto.

0 Likes