Why do my deleted photos keep reappearing?
telekclan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I delete photos and albums from my gallery on Droid Turbo and when I turn off and restart my phone, they all come back.  Help please!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleted photos keep reappearing!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

My next suggestion is to check the phone's file system. If you have access to a computer, try connecting the phone to the computer, and placing the phone into "Media Device" or MTB mode. Then, once connected, your phone should behave like a flash drive. Locate the Photos or Pictures folder on the phone. It may also be called DCIM. Enter this folder, and delete the photos you do not want. Once deleted, reboot and see if the problem persists.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your device is functioning the correct way. This is a great way to manage storage space. How long has this been going on? When did it start? Can you tell us if it occured after a change to the device like a software upgrade or application install. Let's get to work.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
telekclan
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to have started in the last two months probably.  I usually just get frustrated and leave it alone until it bugs me again.  I don't recall it being specifically when an app was installed or an upgrade done.  When I delete the albums (over 1,000 photos) they don't show in the gallery any more, but then if I restart my phone, they show back up.  I have a feeling that when I "delete" them, they really aren't going anywhere since the % of free storage space doesn't change.  Any help would be appreciated. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please try deleting them from the Google "Photos" app, rather than the phone's Gallery. It could be possible that the Automatic Photo backup function of Google Photos is enabled, and is causing photos to reappear when the app syncs.

0 Likes
telekclan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't have the Google Photos app installed, but I installed it and deleted everything from there.  When I did, it deleted it from the Gallery also.  I thought maybe we had a solution, but then I restarted my phone and BOOM, there they are again!  All my photos are back!  Any other suggestions besides wiping out my phone and starting over?

0 Likes
telekclan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me clarify.  They are not showing up in Google Photos any more, but they ARE showing up in gallery.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

My next suggestion is to check the phone's file system. If you have access to a computer, try connecting the phone to the computer, and placing the phone into "Media Device" or MTB mode. Then, once connected, your phone should behave like a flash drive. Locate the Photos or Pictures folder on the phone. It may also be called DCIM. Enter this folder, and delete the photos you do not want. Once deleted, reboot and see if the problem persists.

telekclan
Enthusiast - Level 2

That WORKED!!!!!    Thank you!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!! 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear Smiley Happy

Clarebear326
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you set up MTB or Media Device?

0 Likes