Why did my Droid Turbo stop auto rotating my screen?
Vzink
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just stopped rotating on emails, websites, photos, videos - everything. I've turned the auto-rotate on and off, powered the phone on and off and nothing works. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone stopped auto rotation on videos, photos, everything.
tiggeragin
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is fixed! My camera itself was upside down. Once I realized this, I googled this and found help. The gyroscope had to be calibrated. This can be done by twisting the phone in the air, tilting it over and around in a figure 8 pattern. If you jar your phone into.something or drop it, this can happen. I did drop it, didn't hurt it on the outside, but apparently messed up the gyroscope. You can also drop it again from about 4 inches and it will fix it also... 😉

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vzink,

I love being able to auto rotate pictures in order to take a closer look at the image. This is a nice feature that your Turbo has and we want to make sure that you are able to use it again.  When did you start having this issue?  Any recent changes to your phone?  Have  you checked settings to ensure that the feature is turned on? You can check this settings in your phones Settings>Display>Auto-Rotate Screen.
Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tiggeragin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. My settings gs are set correctly, auto rotate is on. It seems possibly and app update, maybe! I noticed mine after my Fitbit app updated. Any help is welcome!! Thanks!

0 Likes
rickieb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem recently, sort of. It wasn't in the gallery but online. Of course I checked the autorotate in settings and everything looked correct. Then I tried a reboot and then went back to settings and sure enough it was off. I had also done some research online and was advised to try turning the autorotate off and on several times. Hope either of these work for you. I've never had another problem. I have the Motorola Turbo.

0 Likes
tiggeragin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I have only turned it off and back on several times.  Mine is on everything, in the pictures, gallery, videos, and websites or internet.  I have turned the auto rotate off and back on several times too.  I did do some thinking after I posted, my fitbit updated sometime the week before this last one ( In the area of 1/21/2016,  On this past Sunday, 1/31/2016 the auto rotate was working.  I only remember this because I was showing someone pictures of my new grandson and kept turning my phone one way, then the other.  So, something else must have happened.  I am almost to a point of resetting it to factory defaults and starting over.  I love this phone - for a lot of reasons, but the camera is what sold me.  I took a picture last night, turned my phone to take the picture, tried to share it with someone, and it comes up sideways, when I edited it and turned it, it still comes up sideways.  I am at a loss.  Thanks, I'll try again on turning off auto rotate and rebooting my phone.

0 Likes
tiggeragin
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is fixed! My camera itself was upside down. Once I realized this, I googled this and found help. The gyroscope had to be calibrated. This can be done by twisting the phone in the air, tilting it over and around in a figure 8 pattern. If you jar your phone into.something or drop it, this can happen. I did drop it, didn't hurt it on the outside, but apparently messed up the gyroscope. You can also drop it again from about 4 inches and it will fix it also... 😉

AllanBikes
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG I just dropped it from 4" and it rotates again! HAHA! Hilarious way to "FIX" a phone!

Thank you!