Re: Why cant i talk and surf at the same time?
B33
Legend

Well it would've of been nice to shoe the Horse before taking it on pavement but sometimes what we want in life doesn't always happen as we think it should and as customers we have to try and figure out what our move is  in taking on something like as what playing out on these new changes Verizon is making, do you keep the phone or take the phone and for owners like I do i want to update my phone or keep it as is.. well for me I keeping as it is as long as you can and for owners of this new phone it's keep till the update comes to help the phone adjust to the service or take the phone back before your 14 Days are up and try another device..

I hoping all the Way this update and issues with phone settle soon b

0 Likes
febiker
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is the whole 4th generation (4G) of wireless IMG advanced requirements for their network to be considered 4g it must be able to perform "Smooth handovers across heterogeneous networks." In other words a smooth handshake of calls between 3g and 4g infrastructures. Which is not covered under this VoLte as even their FAQ says calls originated on 4g will not transfer to 3g towers. Which is crucial in my area of my market. Why attack other customers when the ability to browse and talk was a huge sell point for when they started rolling out LTE devices and a good one at that. I use it almost everyday and thought it was a bit queer that they didn't think to inform consumers prior to purchase that there was a change in what at one point was the norm. Huge shock to me.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon does not plan to install technology that would allow smooth handover of voice from LTE to 3G CDMA. They have stated that on several occasions. The plan is to phase out 3G CDMA and have 4G LTE as the voice carrier. Verizon is not there yet, but they are moving forward. It is cheaper to produce phones with only 1 antenna and transmitter so the manufacturers are adopting Verizon's plan and do not see the need to spend the extra money for an update that only benefits Verizon customers, with no benefit to the traditional GSM carriers and world customers. Verizon will continue expanding LTE coverage. Until then the choices will unfortunately be turn off Advanced Voice/voLTE and use the well tested CDMA technology or keep voLTE on have the ability for data/voice simultaneous but suffer the growing pains. Not saying I agree, just stating the state of affairs.

hutchisonline
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was and still am very disappointed that I cannot surf and talk at the same time.  I don't claim to understand all the details as to why, but no matter how you slice it, Verizon should be more up front about the capabilities of the devices they sell on their network so the customer can make the choices they would like when making a $600 purchase!!  I've been an avid DROID user since they rolled out, was burned with the Bionic and looks like I was just burned again with the Turbo.  Verizon, I'm having a hard time supporting your DROID line here!@

Ambedkar
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is really annoying Verizon needs to fix that problem immediately talk and browse at the same time as one of the features I extremely need

JillCat

The option to add advanced calling is now showing on my verizon for my turbo. I activated it, now I guess I just wait for Verizon to push whatever update is needed to my phone for it to work. Rebooting didn't help. No volte option under mobile networks

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Sounds busy for 2015 if Big Red really rolls this all out. VoLTE won't happen fast simply because now only 7 devices support it. But we may all be in for a busy new year.

B33
Legend

Yup interesting, And usually the time & right after the Big electronics show is when we'll see new product, but not knowing whats coming for sure it's hard to put point on it, hopefully more compatible device and hopefully for the devices that are out now they get the updates that make them more useable.. cross our fingers..

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

More compatible and solid working phones..not just toys to text with.