Why can't I edit the preset contact for voice mail?
CLETER7

Right now my preset voice mail number is *86ppppp# where ppppp is a password (not my real one)

Obviously I was at one time able to edit the preset number (otherwise I wouldn't see it appear in my contacts like it does above).

I left out the "pause" between the 6 and ppppp (back when I set it up).  So right now when I have new voice mail, and because I left out the pause, I get a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, Your call cannot be completed as dialed."  If I could insert the pause, then it would work.

Things I've tried:

1.  Created a TestVoiceMail contact with the correct *86,,ppppp# number for voicemail (i.e. with the correct pausing)

2.  Merged this contact with the preset Voicemail account.

3.  Set this as default

Result: still dialing the incorrect *86ppppp#. 

Major annoyance now, since when new voice mail appears, I basically have to navigate to contacts and choose voicemail then choose the merged *86,,ppppp#.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I edit the preset contact for voice mail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cleter7.

We want to make sure your Voicemail is set up properly. Have you tried to manually dial *86?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CLETER7

yes, voice mail is set up correctly.

*86 works fine.  So how can I edit the preset number to make it just *86?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update!

What is the make and model of your device? Have you recently updated your device software?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CLETER7

My phone is Droid Turbo by Motorola

Android version 6.0.1

Updates to system software and apps are applied automatically.

Last system update:

Software updated to 24.91.5 and applied on March 08, 2017.

Contacts app: 6.0.1

Phone app: 2.21

0 Likes