Why can't I drag icons on my home screen?
swomack12

Droid Turbo 2-  cannot tap & hold or drag icons on my home screen. I need to remove some of the app icons that have appeared on my home screen & this feature is not working....

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo 2- cannot tap & hold or drag icons on my home screen. I need to remove some of the app icons that have appeared on my home screen & this feature is not working....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you providing us with these details, iam2loud4you. That's an important component of the Android experience, so lets help get that feature working for you again.

To start, have you attempted to perform an alternate restart? This is performed by pressing and holding down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the phone shuts down on its own.

Once it restarts, please test that feature again.

Also, is there a difference if you press and hold on an empty area of your home screen. Does the app or widget screen populate?

NicandVZW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2- cannot tap & hold or drag icons on my home screen. I need to remove some of the app icons that have appeared on my home screen & this feature is not working....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help swomack12. I like personalizing the look of my Home screen as well so I understand your concern.Let's make sure you can move those icons.

How long have you had this issue? Have you been able to move or delete the icons before? What happens when you tapp and drag the icons? Is everything else working okay with the screen?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iam2loud4you

I just received my phone yesterday and am having the same issue.  Press and hold, never vibrates nor indicates you can move the app.  Also when done on blank area the Widgets that the Manuel say are available don't come up either.

0 Likes
iam2loud4you

(Turbo 2)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you providing us with these details, iam2loud4you. That's an important component of the Android experience, so lets help get that feature working for you again.

To start, have you attempted to perform an alternate restart? This is performed by pressing and holding down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the phone shuts down on its own.

Once it restarts, please test that feature again.

Also, is there a difference if you press and hold on an empty area of your home screen. Does the app or widget screen populate?

NicandVZW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want your device to be up and running with out any kind of issues, iam2loud4you. Have you been able power the device off for a good 30 seconds and then power it back on and re-try to move the applications around? If that still doesn’t work, I would suggest on trying to press and hold the power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles, then re-try moving the applications around. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2- cannot tap & hold or drag icons on my home screen. I need to remove some of the app icons that have appeared on my home screen & t
beechbuffy

All of a sudden  cant move icons

Tried restart

Still wont work

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2-
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, beechbuffy! We know it is essential to manage your icons and remove any that you no longer need, and we would be glad to help you today. When did this issue start? Has anything changed, as far any software update or new app downloads? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes