Why can't I attach .jpg files to text messages?
mstafford89

if I save a photo off say a Google image search i am unable to then attach that to a text message and send it to someone.  i am able to save the image to my phone but when trying to upload to a message i get an error message saying

Unsupported Picture Format Choose a different picture

this happens with all images saved off of a Google search and when checking the image description it always says the file is in a .jpg which i know is an extremely common image type and i was able to perform these actions perhaps a month ago.  don't know if an auto update happened at night or something but i don't know what settings to adjust in order to be able to do this simple action again that i have been doing for years with all my android phones since the original Motorola Droid.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unable to upload .jpg files to mms
Not applicable

The size of the file is to BIG you need to use a photo editor app or program on your computer and then attempt to send it again.

However in certain cases the file is better as a .gif than a compressed .jpg however you would still need to convert it to that file format,

You may be able to send via email, again it cannot be a large file.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: unable to upload .jpg files to mms
Not applicable

The size of the file is to BIG you need to use a photo editor app or program on your computer and then attempt to send it again.

However in certain cases the file is better as a .gif than a compressed .jpg however you would still need to convert it to that file format,

You may be able to send via email, again it cannot be a large file.

Good Luck

0 Likes