Why can't I access 4G?
eliot459

Have a droid turbo. After last update it's hard to get 4g and harder to hold it. Never had that problem before. Did a factory reset. Didn't help. Anyway to get rid of the update. Anyone else have this problem.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I access 4G?
rcschnoor
Legend

eliot459 wrote:

Anyway to get rid of the update.

No there is not.

eliot459 wrote:

Have a droid turbo. After last update it's hard to get 4g and harder to hold it. Never had that problem before. Did a factory reset. Didn't help.

The problem with a "factory reset" is the default is to reinstall all of your previous apps/settings. If one of your apps or settings is what is causing the problem, you are simply reloading the problem after the factory reset.

Try a factory reset WITHOUT saving your settings and automatically reloading all of your apps. Then see how the phone runs for at least a couple of hours, possibly days. If it is working OK, install a few apps(your most important ones) and try that for a couple of days. If all is ok, go ahead with a few more apps and try that for a couple of days. etc...

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this - Go to Settings, and under WIreless & Networks, tap More ... , then Cellular networks.  Check what is selected under Preferred Network type - it should be set to LTE/CDMA.  Mine reverts to Global now and then and that results in my 4G as well as wifi to act funky.  Set it to LTE/CDMA and see if that improves things for you.

0 Likes
eliot459

Thanks I'll try it.

0 Likes