Why aren't I seeing message notifications on the Droid Turbo 2?
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a Droid Turbo 2 after having 3 Samsung Galaxy phones in a row. I love the phone so far, with one exception. When I have new exchange email messages using the Nine Folders exchange app, and when I get replies, mentions, etc.on Facebook, I no longer get the little red ball indicator on the app icon indicating new messages? Is this a known issue that's being worked on, or do I have something set up wrong? I googled it, and it looks like that was a feature of Samsung's default launcher and may not be supported on the Turbo 2 launcher.....really? Doesn't seem to make any sense. Anyone else with this problem, and if so, have you found any workarounds?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No turbo 2 new message indicator on facebook, email app icons?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjbales, knowing when you have a message is crucial when using a phone. Motoola was advised of the issue with the missing badges and is releasing a fix for these phones. Please watch for that new update by going to the Apps, Settings, Software Updates and Check for System Update.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy you're enjoying your new phone kjbales. Is this issues only with your 3rd party applications? Have you checked your notification settings? Did you start to see the issues after an update?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue arose when I "upgraded" from Galaxy S5 to the Turbo2. Apps are

set up the same on old/new phone. Using old handset on WiFi and indicators

work fine. Have seen Android forum messages indicating stock launcher

doesn't work, hence my question. I don't relish the idea of needing a 3rd

party launcher for what ought to be a standard feature on a new phone in

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016, 9:24 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what it's worth, the feature I'm referring to is officially called "unread badge" on the app icon. On Turbo2 it doesn't work on any apps that I can see. Don't see anywhere in notifications setup to enable it, so it may just not be part of the launcher interface.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjbales, knowing when you have a message is crucial when using a phone. Motoola was advised of the issue with the missing badges and is releasing a fix for these phones. Please watch for that new update by going to the Apps, Settings, Software Updates and Check for System Update.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the speedy replies. Am looking forward to this fix becoming available ASAP. Other than this minor thing, overall I love the new Turbo2!

0 Likes