Why are my Razr M picture messages failing?
punqwraq

This is a problem i've been having since i got this phone, but as i found a workaround i lived with it for a while, bet enough is enough.

Whenever i send a picture message to someone after a few seconds the message pops up as "failed". to get the picture to send, i have to delete any existing conversation with the recipient(s) and then resend a brand new message with the picture and it works no problem, this however does become an issue on ongoing group messages or if there is info in the conversation that is important that i need to keep.

any ideas as to what can be causing these messages to fail? I have reset my phone, but the problem was still there. any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr M Picture messages failing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

punqwraq wrote:

wouldn't the messages just stay in the network until the receiver was able to get the messages? I've sent many messages to people who had their phones powered off and never had them returned, they just get the message when the turn them back on.

The system tries to resend the message for a few days after you original sent the message if the phones are turned off. I was referring to a bad signal area where there is a signal, but it isn't very strong.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
punqwraq

as i just found out, this workaround is not 100%. 2 messages i just sent came back as failed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure this is a frustrating situation to be in, punqwraq. Our goal is to ensure your picture messages work flawlessly. Does this happen on all MMS?
We want to check all of these steps to make sure it works properly https://billpaysvc.verizonwireless.com/vzwsvc/usc/tsguide.action?deviceId=5947#. Please let me know how this works.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
punqwraq

there are couple numbers that i can send mms to without issue. for the people it does happen to, it probably fails 50% of the time. i haven't found any common themes between the messages that fail, and as far as i can tell, the settings for all the pics are the same (i havent changed any camera settings). i'm baffled

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible for the people on the receiving end are in a bad/low signal area?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
punqwraq

so i did a factory reset on the phone and formatted the sd card to try to rule out any of those, and the problem still exists. in fact some regular text messages also fail to send. i have a decent signal when this happens, and other phones on the vz network have no issues. i am at a loss as i find there are no other connectivity issues (voice calls, email, facebook, twitter etc.)

0 Likes
punqwraq

wouldn't the messages just stay in the network until the receiver was able to get the messages? I've sent many messages to people who had their phones powered off and never had them returned, they just get the message when the turn them back on.

0 Likes
punqwraq

this seems like a pretty common issue:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1056402#1056402

i have over a year left before i can upgrade to a different phone (or carrier) and it seems like a long time to go without this basic phone feature

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

punqwraq wrote:

The system tries to resend the message for a few days after you original sent the message if the phones are turned off. I was referring to a bad signal area where there is a signal, but it isn't very strong.

0 Likes
punqwraq

Gotcha, well I suppose it is a possibility, though it seems highly improbable as I can send pictures and texts from my same location with my blackberry (also on verizon) to them in their same location without ever having one fail

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes