Why are Message+ notifications not appearing on the approach screen?
rupunzlkim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Turbo, and the Message+ app notifications don't appear on the approach screen.  They do appear in the status bar once I've opened my phone, but when I hover my hand over the phone to see what's come in, nothing is there.  When a text comes in, the sound chimes, the phone vibrates and the approach screen lights up, but only with the lock symbol, no indication that a text has come in.

When I use the regular messaging app that comes with the Android OS, it works just fine.  Text comes in, and a text notification shows on the approach screen.

I've tried any setting that makes sense, but can't get this to work.  Is it a flaw with the Message+ app?  I (was) running version. Message+ 6.2.3.

TIA!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ notifications not appearing on approach screen
rupunzlkim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I figured out the problem. Under Moto actions, there is a setting where you can pick which apps will show on your hover screen . I added message +, sent a test text, and it appeared.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Droid Turbo, and Verizon Messages + 6.2.3 - when a text, or email comes in, I DO get the convo bubble, or an envelope, on the notification screen when I wave my hand over the phone. Sometimes the text indicator will get bumped off the screen due to other notifications, but it does pop up. 

I don't have any special settings that I am aware of, this is the way it has always worked o the Turbo for me.  I wish I could be more helpful!

0 Likes
rupunzlkim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I figured out the problem. Under Moto actions, there is a setting where you can pick which apps will show on your hover screen . I added message +, sent a test text, and it appeared.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad you got it figured out, and that it was relatively simple!!

0 Likes