Why Won't My Turbo 2 Connect Automatically To Car Bluetooth?
lunajett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody else experiencing this or heard of a solution. New Turbo 2, had less than a week.  Paired it with car Bluetooth, seemed to go fine.  But everytime I get in car, the phone won't connect to the Bluetooth automatically.  I can go through the car audio menu and the phone shows up as paired device and hit connect and they connect fine, but there is no way I should have to be doing that everytime I get in the car.  My previous Moto Maxx worked flawlessly for this, and according to Turbo 2 manual, of course it should connect automatically after first pairing.  So clearly something wrong here.  Is this a software bug or just a defect with my phone?  I'm reading more about problems with the T2 and I'm wondering if I should try to return this while I still can if it's gonna be a bunch of problems, along with all the stupid changes to the android software that have made things more annoying and less functional than what I had on the old Maxx.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turbo 2 won't connect automatically to car bluetooth
lunajett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Think I found the answer to my own question.  Searching the Subaru forums, somebody mentioned he's always had to use the voice-activated menu on the car (as opposed to manually scrolling through the menus on the car's audio screen) to pair BT and get automatic connectivity.  So I tried that, and sure enough it seems to make the difference.  Hopefully it will stay fixed.  But if you're having a similar problem with BT connectivity, try a voice-activated setup - the problem might with the car's system, +/- any problem with the phone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 won't connect automatically to car bluetooth
lunajett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Think I found the answer to my own question.  Searching the Subaru forums, somebody mentioned he's always had to use the voice-activated menu on the car (as opposed to manually scrolling through the menus on the car's audio screen) to pair BT and get automatic connectivity.  So I tried that, and sure enough it seems to make the difference.  Hopefully it will stay fixed.  But if you're having a similar problem with BT connectivity, try a voice-activated setup - the problem might with the car's system, +/- any problem with the phone

0 Likes