Why Is My Battery Dying So Quickly?
EARNEL8

My android phone discharges much faster in the last couple of days.  The phone is just over a year old, so the battery should not fail already. It used to last 2 -3 days, now in less than a day.  whats wrong? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why Is My Battery Dying So Quickly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone battery to make it through the day and definitely want you with a good battery life, EARNEL8. Let's take a closer look into this. Has there been any changes to the phone when this started such as new apps or updates? What is the make and model of your phone? How many hours of charge would you say you have?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EARNEL8

I have had several updates since this happened and I did before as

well.  The phone used to give  me  several days, but now only l day and

I don't use it that much. Earl N.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, EARNEL8. Depending on what your phone is used for, a days worth of charge is a good charge. Let's continue to dig into this. What is the make and model of your phone? What is your phone normally used for?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EARNEL8

Its a Motorola Droid Maxx2.  I use it for email, phone calls (long

distance mostly) just a few times a week.  We have Land line phone as

well.  Also check the weather and radar when threatening weather is

around.   But, I have used it the same way since I purchased it and I

used to get 2-3 days use.   Is the battery replaceable in this phone?  

Earl  N.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Droid MAXX 2 is a great phone EARNEL8. I loved my device as well. Where did you purchase this device? It has been released for over 2 years now. The average battery life is just over a year for most devices, depending on your charging patterns. You cannot replace the batteries in these phone. Do you have a warranty on your device?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes