Why Am I just now upgrading to Marshmallow?
Christianseniw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recieved a much anticipated update to my phone. Why is this upgrade to Marshmallow and not Nougat? The newest OS for Android? Is Verizon that far behind that we are just now upgrading to the older Verizon of software. For the amount of $ we are charged, the least we should expect is the most recent software on our phones. This is just ridiculous!!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Am I just now upgrading to Marshmallow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Christianseniw,

We understand wanting each and every software update. Here's how to stay up to date on all the latest software update releases as they roll out to your device: http://vz.to/1PWRcRR

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is unlikely the Droid Turbo will ever be updated to Android Nougat. If you want more timely updates, next time your should purchase a Nexus and/or Pixel phone as they are normally updated to the newest Android version fastest. My Nexus 5X, for example is running Android Nougat. My Samsung Galaxy S6 is running Marshmallow.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? The Droid Turbo hasn't been updated since May 13, 2016 and the Droid Turbo 2 has a wifi calling update from Oct 3, 2016. The Turbo 2 already has Marshmallow.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Christianseniw,

We understand wanting each and every software update. Here's how to stay up to date on all the latest software update releases as they roll out to your device: http://vz.to/1PWRcRR

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes