White charging light - phone won't soft reset or turn on
tbowers

Hi, this is a similar question to what other people have asked, but I have read the other recommendations and nothing is working.

I've had my Motorola Razr for a couple months now and yesterday it died and when I plugged it in to charge, the white charging light came on and stayed on, but nothing happened on the screen (no battery animation or boot up droid screen, nothing).

I have used all kinds of chargers although I do not have the one that came in the box.

I have used a car charger for about an hour several times (the white light will come on and remain on but nothing else)

I went to the store and bought a Duracell "For Motorola Phones" charger and left it on there for about half an hour (the white light will come on and stay on but nothing else)

Multiple times I have tried doing a soft reset (power and volume down buttons) but it doesn't do anything.

If I press the power button when it is plugged into a charger, the white light will go off.

I really hope and do not believe my phone is just suddenly dead when it was working fine before. This has been a great phone, and I cannot currently afford a replacement. I also do not have insurance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: White charging light - phone won't soft reset or turn on
Not applicable

I believe a battery replacement is or should be done. Take the phone to a verizon store and let them replace it.

Internal batteries can be done at tech support. If the phone turns on after a new battery then your problem is solved.

Another solution is to have your connection checked to see if it is tight and making contact.

Please note that an internal battery replacement will be a little expensive more than a user replaceable battery.

Write back if you get it fixed.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You say that you don't have the charger that came with the phone ??  That could certainly be the problem. Take it to a VERIZON store and see if THEY have the charger that is designed for the phone .. see if THAT works first ...  If so, buy the right one. If not at least you'll be in the store for them to DX the proiblem ... as elector pointed out, might actually be the battery.  But if only 4 months old,  I doubt it. but hey, anything's possible.  (Mine is 14 months old .. charging just fine dso far .. knock on wood.)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cody that was an idea I did not think of. The charger could be bad. But on what the poster said about the additional charger I was going to rule that out.

The phone may be 4 months old to the customer, but the Droid Razr is close to a year old out of the gate. Maybe longer I would have to check my receipt. It was a Christmas present over a year ago I gave to my wife.

It may have sat on the shelf all this time so maybe bad battery.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Razr launched Nov. 11, 2011.

If it needs a new battery, here's how (there is no charge if the phone is still under warranty, but you'll have to do without your phone for a few days):

How can I replace the battery on my Droid RAZR?

0 Likes
tbowers

I called Verizon and they will be getting me a new Razr for free, it'll be here by Friday. Thank you for your answers!

0 Likes
Not applicable

So now I know it was December 2011

I knew I bought it over a year, thst was why I thought of the battery.

Hey thanks for that link...

0 Likes