When will the Droid Maxx get Lollipop?
Matt_N
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When do we get lollipop? marshmallow is already out.
HeelToe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely some truth to this "Oh yeah and their desire to see how many people knuckle under and go give them more money for a current generation phone." What they don't have a good measure of is how much of their customer turnover is associated with them not keeping their phones up to date. I'm in Chicago metro and their are other options that are just as good or better. I switched part of my family from TMobile to Verizon a couple years ago. I get a direct comparison with each working better in some spots. So that leaves their support of the phones as a differentiator in which they are the underdog. Given their spotty coverage on the Metra where I spend 2 hours per day I will be moving back to TMobile. They won't know why I left. They'll just get the change notification from TMobile. They tout themselves as the premium and best carrier. Good advertising but the truth is they are just the most expensive at least for where I need service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola would have more up to date information on if your device is scheduled for an update to Lollipop.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Capture.PNG

Meaning:  when Verizon, Moto, hardware manufacturers and Google plus the FCC all get on the same page in other words.

Tidbits
Legend

People think partner support is carriers. People forget parts manufacturers and licensing.

Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

Motorola has already said that Lollipop for the Maxx has been released to Verizon.  So Verizon is the holdup now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Low level rep said that. They would not officially know. There is no MDN soak test happened so we know that's false as... This happens before it is submitted to Verizon.

Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

And you know that for a fact?  I have the screenshot from a live chat (from Motorola) saying that the Lollipop upgrade HAS been released to Verizon. And I would guess that even a low level rep at Motorola might know more about it than you.

What makes you so sure that there has not already been a soak test?  Those who are asked to participate in soak tests are not supposed to reveal that, so how would you know?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

We probably aren't supposed to know that the Moto G 3rd Gen is about to start the 6.0 soak, but..........we do.

Tidbits
Legend

Oh because someone will say there is one.  Always happens.  Just Google search every Motorola device then soak test.  Just saying 🙂

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes