When will Android 7.0 be available?.
chicomarley

Nougat I believe it's called

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When will Android 7.0 be available?.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Whenever Motorola decides to update the code on this device if they decide to spend the money and time to do so.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HARSTE16
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Motorola website has stated for a month or so now that the Droid Turbo 2 will get Android 7.0 (Nougat).  Earlier the site said sometime after the first of the year.  However it now says to check with Verizon Wireless as to when.  So far I haven't been able to find any mention of Nougat for Droid Turbo 2 info on the Verizon Wireless website, except for here.  Recent reports are that Motorola has rolled out Nougat for the Moto Z line.  Nougat for the Droid Turbo 2 is expected some time shortly thereafter.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The device is only scheduled to get the update. That is what the Motorola site is saying. It is likely that the time frame of the first part of next year is fairly accurate. As for where Verizon posts those updates, you should bookmark this link for future reference. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SV_Gabriel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Total nonsense!

I spoke with a number of people at Motorola.  They said it was up to VERIZON to get the update out.  Motorola completed the update for the Droid Turbo 2 to Android 7.0 *months* ago.  And it's been rolled out on the Droid Turbo 2 via other carriers with no issues whatsoever.  So, what's Verizon's excuse?  Their techs are incompetent?

If you simply don't know, then please say that.  Lying and/or misinforming your customers and trying to push this off on Motorola is a terrible way to do business.

If you really want to make customers angry, then please continue telling them things that ARE NOT TRUE.

Yes, I'm very irritated.  So are a lot of other people.

0 Likes
millerman61
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you are misinformed that the Turbo 2 is on Nougat already.  Motorola has only announced that they will have the upgrade for the phone, they have not announced that they have made it available already.  The months ago update was the update to Marshmallow.

0 Likes