When on phone, can't open screen to check text or other things without hanging up on call.How come this is happening
aprylstarr

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.  I've only had the phone about two weeks now and this seems to be the only problem I am having.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: When on phone, can't open screen to check text or other things without hanging up on call.How come this is happening
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In your call settings, do you have it set up to hang up the call with the power button?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When on phone, can't open screen to check text or other things without hanging up on call.How come this is happening
aprylstarr

Nope it wasn't checked

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then what are you trying to do that it hangs up? What are the steps you take?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aprylstarr

I've tried tapping all over the screen, doesn't work. I've also pushed the power button really quick but it hangs up my call, which isn't what I want it to do...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to touch the home button to switch between the call screen and the home screen and then into other applications.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

aprylstarr wrote:

I've tried tapping all over the screen, doesn't work. I've also pushed the power button really quick but it hangs up my call, which isn't what I want it to do...

Well something is making the phone hangup the call when pressing the power button.  This is an option, but it shouldn't have been the default behavior.

0 Likes
aprylstarr

Yep, I should be able to, but it doesn't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this aprylstarr! Did this just begin or did you experience this from purchase? Does anything happen if you press the menu button? Try enabling safe mode here http://vz.to/1dHYdbi test and share your results. Also please navigate to Settings>Accessibility>Check "Power button ends call" setting>Uncheck>Power the phone off/on and test. Please share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes