When is update release for Droid RAZR maxx HD XT926M?
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really wish that Verizon could just give us a date on when the KITKAT 4.4 OTA will be released to us. It's been released to all the newer phones that basically already had the newest Android OS, while we've been passed up on the 4.2 and 4.3 OS versions. Seams to me that by the time Verizon releases 4.4 to use I will have probably already bought a new phone with KITKAT already on it or something newer. We've known for 3 months now about the update so someone has had to of decided what date it's being release now. And coming back and telling me my phone will be updated by the end of 1st quarter of 2014 isn't an answer, I don't know about other people maybe I'm just dumb but I have no idea when quarters start or end how many months are in a quarter or anything like that. Quit dangling that steak in front of our faces and teasing us just push the button already or give us more info or a date.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid RAZR maxx HD XT926M
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting Weezy1121. I know how frustrating it can be to wait around.Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding the updates. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you ask Motorola? They are the ones writing the code and releasing it once it has received certification from Verizon Wireless. The certification is the only portion of the update Verizon Wireless is involved in. If Motorola hasn't sent it to be certified, it isn't done yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the input, but I've already emailed Moto and they told me to ask my carrier the carriers are the ones that send it out to the devices. I also work for Verizon's CDMA competitor now for the last 11 years so I do know a little about how this all works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting Weezy1121. I know how frustrating it can be to wait around.Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding the updates. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes