When is Verizon going to reverse the 25.11.10 kinzie_verison.verizon.en.US upgrade. It's a disaster.
CJBKM
Enthusiast - Level 1

The upgrade has slowed everything down.  Talk to text/message is lagging terribly.  Browser searches are slow to start, if you can get one started at all.  Apps are so slow that they are constantly timing out and asking to quit/report/wait.  Just scrolling on a browser search hangs and glitches. The general lag to access and use apps was so bad I went in and turned off the Advance Calling features (default setting is on).  This helped slightly, but not enough.

The upgrade wiped my background.  Loaded some awful pink background that was harsh on the eyes.  It killed some of my app short cut settings.  I've yet to figure out all of the shortcuts were wiped.  I have blank holes in my 3 sideways shortcut screens.  The App Search is now one long vertical scroll screen.  The notification changes are horrible and just plain clutter.  It's worse in the morning when all the daily notifications post.  You have to scroll multiple times to see what is all there.  I don't know how many notifications I had to turn off just to get it down to one screens worth.  It's faster just to scroll down, 'clear' the notifications, and launch the apps for any notifications your expecting.

I am very unhappy with this upgrade.  I have 5 devises on my plan and I've been with this service 28 years, through 3 company buy outs.  I sure hope someone with Verizon is listening and fixes this mess.  Give us back Marshmallow and through this Kinzie [Removed] in the recycling bin where it belongs.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When is Verizon going to reverse the 25.11.10 kinzie_verison.verizon.en.US upgrade. It's a disaster.
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

CJBKM​ unfortunately you cannot revert back to Marshmallow as Ann154​ pointed out. I have been running on 25.11.10 without any issues of the sorts that you are reporting. Chances are that these are specific to your device and these things can happen when you get a major update. Here are the few things you can try:

- Run the phone if Safe Mode and see if you notice the same issues. If the issues go away, then there are one or more third party apps on your phone which are causing these issues.

- Try clearing the storage cache as well as the system cache and then restart the phone.

- Make sure the Verizon Visual Voicemail App is in Basic Visual voicemail mode. If you opted for the Premium Visual Voicemail trial, you will see that the voicemail app will prompt for you to either upgrade of end the free trial and revert to basic. This may seem trivial, but this had been causing havoc on my phone! Battery would drain so fast and the phone would get hot hot hot.

- If all else fails, and you still have the issues, you should go the factory reset route... It's a bit of a hassle, but it can do wonders in solving your issues after a major update, if you phone starts misbehaving.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Re: When is Verizon going to reverse the 25.11.10 kinzie_verison.verizon.en.US upgrade.  It's a disaster.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon going to reverse the 25.11.10 kinzie_verison.verizon.en.US upgrade. It's a disaster.
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

CJBKM​ unfortunately you cannot revert back to Marshmallow as Ann154​ pointed out. I have been running on 25.11.10 without any issues of the sorts that you are reporting. Chances are that these are specific to your device and these things can happen when you get a major update. Here are the few things you can try:

- Run the phone if Safe Mode and see if you notice the same issues. If the issues go away, then there are one or more third party apps on your phone which are causing these issues.

- Try clearing the storage cache as well as the system cache and then restart the phone.

- Make sure the Verizon Visual Voicemail App is in Basic Visual voicemail mode. If you opted for the Premium Visual Voicemail trial, you will see that the voicemail app will prompt for you to either upgrade of end the free trial and revert to basic. This may seem trivial, but this had been causing havoc on my phone! Battery would drain so fast and the phone would get hot hot hot.

- If all else fails, and you still have the issues, you should go the factory reset route... It's a bit of a hassle, but it can do wonders in solving your issues after a major update, if you phone starts misbehaving.

Hope this helps!