Re: When Will My Droid Turbo 2 Get The 7.0 Update?
JKG1959

swise123  What did you find out about a fix to the upgrade? I'm having the same issues and can't find any info about a fix at all.

0 Likes
swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

JKG1959 After arguing with Verizon yesterday I was informed that I must do a factory reset on the phone and then give it time to see if it still has issues.  They advised then if I did they would remotely check my phone to verify that the reset had been completed and they would only then move forward with replacing the device.  Now keep in mind that mine is still under a year old (barely) but I also pay the $11 Total Mobile Protection so I don't know how they would respond if you didn't have the same if it was over a year old.

They informed me that they are required to have users to do the factory reset and verify that it was done...if not when they receive the phone back, if they cannot replicate the issues then the user is charged for swapping out the phone...they did not mention the price nor did I ask because at that point I was livid.  The guy on the phone was even reading off all of the issues with Android 7 and the Turbo 2 and I was like, you all know that there is a problem with this upgrade yet you are forcing me to do this and his response was yes.

0 Likes
Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me get this right. We are denied a promised update due to V's incompetence. Then, for the unfortunate that were unlucky enough to have gotten the flawed trash that was put out, we are made to jump through hoops to be made whole again by having our outdated (and therefore insecure, because updates also contain security enhancements - which we haven't had in a year now) junk phone replaced by another outdated device. I think it is time to talk with someone about the smell of this whole thing, sort of like a breech- or, is that breach?

0 Likes
swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bobmark74​ You are correct Sir.  I did the factory reset on my phone today so time will tell.  Of course I forgot to deactivate my two-factor authentication with all of the sites prior to doing so, so half of my day was regaining access to sites...it's ridiculous the [Removed] we have to go through when they know this update is causing issues with this phone.  I've been with VZW since they bought out Cellular One so basically a customer for over 20 years...just a number to them and they can care less about what WE as customers have to do.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2
Can someone please verify that I am not speaking klingon or whatever the two verizon reps thought they were hearing today? First, I am told that there is a 7.0 update available for my phone, the MOTOROLA DROID TURBO 2  (just highlighting the important parts, so as to cause no further confusion). I tell the "tech" (I have decided to call myself Supreme Commander of all that I see, since no real qualifications are needed to have a title) that I go to the update service in settings and am presented with Your device's software is up to date. Then she says "oh, well your phone is almost two years old, I doubt that there is even an update available." Wait, just a minute ago there was an update? What happened there? So I proceed to tell her about the update that was released on Feb. 22, 2017 (the one that hasn't been released for the turbo 2 and hasn't caused anyone issues- why would you good folks on this forum lie to me? whyyyyyy?) and then subsequently pulled due to it being a buggy piece of ------. She proceeded to imply that I was lying about this, that the people here on the forum were lying and that Motorola were liars as well, because they haven't released the software to verizon for them to tweak it for the turbo 2. I am really fed up with these pinocchio-nosed no-good stealing punks and their audacity to call someone else a liar. They are about to hear from my council, who relishes in the lies of big business.
0 Likes
Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, that was counsel, not council.

0 Likes
swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bobmark74

The update indeed was released and then pulled.  I have three Droid Turbo 2's on my account and mine was the only unlucky one that got the update.  Who knows when the new one will be ready...but I sure hope they do something...especially for those of us that have it now.  Screenshot from my phone below...

Screenshot_20170331-132708.png

Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2

I knew it was released, my gf had the update notification show up on her phone but I told her to wait for a bit to see if there were any problems before she installed the junk that was put forth. The problem is Verizon denying this fact and then making up some [removed] story about it never being available and my phone being "too old to get an update." I chatted with a Motorola Csr (I did get some screens from the chat, so deny it now you liars!)  that verified a 7.0 update for the Turbo 2 was indeed released and quickly pulled due to issues such as yours. Why is it that Verizon never knew about this, and how would they not have received service requests and complaints of "broken" phones- I am sure they have at least yours. But no, they would rather lie and deny, make up fairy tales like we are some kind of fools. We are only fools for continuing to give them our money.

One bit of good news, the Motorola csr rep promised me that the fixed update is "coming soon," so everyone hold your breath.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so the previously released 25.11.10 has now been re-released as....25.11.10? I got a notification today when I checked for updates on a whim. I am not going to fall for the bait, as this update crashed quite a few phones (unless you ask V, who told me there never was an update) and there is obviously no real support if you decide to update and your phone ceases to function. If anyone has updated to the latest re-released software and would like to share the experience I would definitely appreciate the info.

0 Likes