Not applicable

Now that is something I did not know.

Re: What would the bill be for ... ?
Not applicable

That makes two of usSmiley Happy

Not applicable

NRGHealer wrote:

Yes, after posting, I realized it would be difficult to add in the taxes and what not. Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. Blessings ~ 

Yes, I already have the phone.

Indeed, these are no longer the days of simple landlines! lol. Oy, my head spins with it at times.

Even on landlines each area had different taxes and fees.

0 Likes
NRGHealer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Indeed, they did, but with far fewer plans and options to choose from.

Not applicable

Really? The last time I had a land line they had dozens of plans and options.

0 Likes
NRGHealer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can we just agree that phone services simply aren't what they use to be? <sigh>

0 Likes
Not applicable

NRGHealer wrote:

Can we just agree that phone services simply aren't what they use to be? <sigh>

Yes there was a lot less to go through for telephone service than today back then.

Simple phone made of metal, lasted forever. You picked up the phone and dialed out, no push buttons. The calls were clear, it was easy to reach an operator, and the long distance although very expensive was AT&T. That break up did not make things better it made it worse,

Some Kids that reply don't know about telephone services 40-45 years ago like we did. Much easier I will agree.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

Some Kids that reply don't know about telephone services 40-45 years ago like we did. Much easier I will agree.

Things like I only had to dial 4 digits if calling within my hometown and the town 6 miles down the road was long distance?

Now I have to dial 10 digits on my landline to make ANY calls, even to my neighbor. But I don't have to pay extra for long distance, though.

Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

Elector wrote:

Things like I only had to dial 4 digits if calling within my hometown and the town 6 miles down the road was long distance?

Now I have to dial 10 digits on my landline to make ANY calls, even to my neighbor. But I don't have to pay extra for long distance, though.

Party line....

Just loved to listen when I was young

I can dial one number and then send from my home phone. Speed dial.

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have heard of those party lines.

Although I'm not that old, I have a faint recollection of being able to just call the last four digits of the phone number if it was in the same phone exchange number. But maybe that is the memory playing tricks on me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.