Re: What would the bill be for ... ?
Not applicable

Yep you are correct. The telephone company when they went to private lines did the world a favor.

You also had a ring back tone when you needed to use the phone, and in emergency you had to ask people to get off the phone. Many did not. Then laws were passed. Some people lost loved ones because of the not yielding to an emergency request on a party line. Cost about $10 more a month back in late 50's and 60's for a private exchange number.

Miss those daysSmiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From what I was told, my family had a party line and a private number at their house.  I believe the private number was mostly used for my grandfather's business.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

From what I was told, my family had a party line and a private number at their house.  I believe the private number was mostly used for my grandfather's business.

You can have a private line. My dad and mom had that, but a listed number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elector, thanks for helping us support NRGHealer with information regarding our calling plan options. You can view our new MORE Everthing plans which include UNlimited talk and text messaging right here: http://vz.to/W24dla

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes