What should I do about a frozen device?
ccoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

my droid froze up!  tried the reboot process by pushing on vol. and power button,  it does reboot, but back to the same screen that wil only let me make emergency calls! GRRRR!  suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: frozen!!
ccoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to go to a Verizon dealer and they ended up doing factory reboot. Working for now. No damage to phone when it froze up had been downloading an app and few min. later it was froze. Thanks.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, ccoon! That's awful. If this has not yet been resolved, please allow me to help. I need to know more about what you're seeing. I see that it reboots, but that it goest back to the same screen each time. Which screen does it return to? Has the device been damaged in any way?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning off the phone, removing the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), waiting a few minutes, then reinserting the SIM card and turning the phone back on.  If that doesn't work, try a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).

0 Likes
ccoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to go to a Verizon dealer and they ended up doing factory reboot. Working for now. No damage to phone when it froze up had been downloading an app and few min. later it was froze. Thanks.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ccoon,

Thanks for keeping us posted! I'm glad the hard reset fixed it and your phone is now working.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

B33
Legend
0 Likes