Re: What happened to Naviator?
wscottp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know that someone said that VZ Navigator disappeared but on my maxx hd it was the navigator represented with the blue arrow. I went to Google maps in the app manager screen and uninstalled the updates. Then went back to the apps screen and the blue arrow navigation was back. Is the navigation supposed to delete if you update Google maps or is this a glitch?

Thanks for your time.

Message was edited by: S P

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The recent update to Google Maps removes the Google Navigator app since that function is now built into the Maps app.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you don't take the new update Your phone your won't loose the Widget i haven't updated my two Razr because i wait a While to see how the App plays out if i see that there are less complaints and the app stables then i'll update to it.. b33

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm... let me see.

Yep, VZ Navigator still there after Google map update.

Google Navigator Icon gone in Apps.

Map update working great on my 20 Month old stock Razr Maxx with 4.1.2. Even better, doesn't wander around when sitting still. I have yet to plug it into my car dock and try it out there though. I will on the way home today.

My experience though is that it's a good idea to reboot the phone after any core app gets an update. Non-core apps, it's a crap shoot as to their affect on the phone.

jnephew

I did what you suggested earlier today to get Navigator back and it worked just as you said it would.  I was very relieved and excited to have Navigator back.  HOWEVER (caps not directed at you), apparently, Google Maps updated automatically again and my Navigator icon disappeared again.  Now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to disable any apps from updated automatically so I can make a decision before it does it.  I'm assuming this whole thing will happen again.  I hate the thought of having to go through this every time.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Duewester i don't always get it right on the button hey i try.. The reason i posted is from what i read on the reviews in the app and from what some were experiencing on here on the Forum,  No i haven't yet updated the app as of yet but i'll give it a Go on one of my Maxx's and see what happens see if  Nav. stays or goes and go from there and post on here.. That's all i can do for now..

0 Likes
carrie00

This worked and now the local icon is back. I am not happy with the upgrades that I do not ask for. Having the local separate from the maps is much easier to use.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well sometimes Google has a Nasty habit of Combining things together for what they think is for the Greater Good sometimes it works and then sometimes it... well you get the picture and they may change it back to what it was or something possibly better it's kind of wait an see approach.. I myself I still have not updated i mentioned to Duewester that i might give the update Go.. that's were it still is.. I might give it Go but haven't yet. b

0 Likes
TrevizoA

so glad the fix was so easy. I had a bad day trying to find my ay around with out it.

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry it took so long to get back to this.

Anyway, The car dock still works well but I had an issue with stopping the navigation. It's now a pull down from the top and not easily shut down. I thought I was shut down when suddenly in the restaurant my phone announced I was to turn in 1/2 mile.

Still got some bugs but I send in the reports whenever they pop up and I hope I'm contributing useful info to the devs.

0 Likes