Re: What gives, why are you holding the update?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

These wireless carriers are the only ones I know that can get by with providing no answers and no updates to fix problems, and there is virtually nothing you can do about it.  I personally have no issues at all with the Turbo as mine works perfectly, has never dropped a call even using Advanced Calling and has booming WiFi and signal.  That was not the case with my device a few years ago which was the Droid Charge.  Poor signal, dropped calls, etc.  Just had to suck it up for 2 years until I got a Samsung GS3 and all the problems disappeared.  Looks like I got lucky with the Turbo too.  I really think the quality control on these devices is poor.  They are put together in a rush and some of them just suck.  I think if you get one of those devices you should be entitled to a new one.  What else can explain that many of us have no issues at all with the Turbo and others can hardly use it.  And yes, completely unacceptable that we're 6 months in with this device and no OS update, while my son's 2+ year old GS4 now has Lollipop.  The droid Turbo is a very expensive Verizon exclusive phone that was sold with the promise of a flagship device that was Lollipop ready.  Yes, I know some of you will say they didn't "promise" you any updates, or it is Moto's fault, but we all know that is the way this device was marketed, and Verizon, probably being the world's largest (and best in my opinion) carrier should be ashamed for not providing Turbo owners of what is going on. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It does sound like you have been through a lot with the phone. We certainly don't want any of our customers to have a poor experience. I'm glad to hear that a replacement is on the way to you, but in the meantime we can definitely look into your cloud content. Are you logging in with the My Verizon account that is affiliated with your specific number? If there are more than one number on an account, each phone line and login will have a separate cloud space.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
killodrum
Enthusiast - Level 3

"This wouldn't have been an issue if motorola would still be allowing you to add your own memory cards.  Garbage phone."

In what way does the lack of an SD card slot prevent you from hooking up the phone to your PC, and backing up the data that way?  Don't blame the phone, blame the user - if you are relying on cloud backups only, I think it's fair to say you are part to blame for that one, if your data was truly that important.  Never rely on third party services or automation that you do not control to backup your data.  As everything in this world that should be important to you, you should take all the right measures and precautions to ensure you have what you need, and should not blame others.  But this is the society we live in these days.... people are always quick to blame others. 

I have had the Turbo since it was first released, and have has none of the problems you speak of.  So perhaps I am just fortunate to have better luck with mine, but to say that the phone is garbage is an inaccurate statement based on the experience I have had with mine, and others have had with theirs. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eddiear - We want you to love your Turbo! What are you un-installing from Google Play? If you need to uninstall an app you can certainly do it that way or go to Settings - Apps- scroll to All (at the top) - select your app and uninstall.  As for the home screen moving down when you press the home button, are you by chance pressing the Recent Apps button?  

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

I understand how to remove an app via settings.  The problem is after installing certain apps/widgets, I CANNOT access settings. Some apps make the phone go bat crap crazy.The command center widget that came pre-installed caused the problem until it was recently updated. Several of the problems apps/widgets I ran on my previous phone using KK. I rarely download apps/widgets as I never know when one will send my prone into a tailspin.

No, I'm not hitting the recent apps button.  This is how my screen should look:

Screenshot_2015-05-08-19-54-51 (360x640).jpg

Versus this:

Screenshot_2015-05-08-19-54-44 (360x640).jpg

Other than that, it's high speed, low drag.

0 Likes
th64
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the time Turbo gets a well working lollipop upgrade there will be something else out there.  Samsungs next phone will be out soon and it will have more power and features than the turbo.  As far as backing up on a computer why should I?  Cloud is supposed to have that covered, but I suppose I could always use cloud, google, a pc, heck why not a backup pc too, to make sure I don't lose my info.  Verizon keeps pushing cloud and that's what I get for listening to Verizon.  As far as blaming others, YES, if you offer a service you better make sure it can do what you say it can.  It's called responsibility and doing your job.  Where is lollipop?  We were told it was coming a long time ago, obviously someone isn't doing their job, so yes, I would blame them.  When things are my sole responsibility to do, I do them as I expect others to do theirs.  Read some forum pages about the turbo it is littered with problems people are having with turbos.  I have had 8 smart phones, and next to the droid bionic this is the worst one I have had.  This is supposed to be the flagship phone, it doesn't bode well for motorola when this is what they offer.

<<Comments edited (personal comments, name calling removed) to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
killodrum
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well actually, I've been in the IT industry for 15 years (Windows, Linux, and UNIX based systems), and this is my 12th smart phone (some work, some personal phones; I currently have an iPhone 6 for work, and the Turbo for personal), along with the 2 smart phones on my account I pay for my parents, so I have plenty experience with smart phones, along with carrier's other than Verizon.   Smiley Happy

You stated: "This wouldn't have been an issue if Motorola would still be allowing you to add your own memory cards.  Garbage phone."

As a consumer, didn't you have all the information needed to make an educated purchase prior to deciding on your next phone?  Were you not aware the phone didn't come with an SD card slot prior to selecting the Turbo?  Assuming you were aware, why did you choose this phone if an SD card slot was so important to you?  This was a choice you made, and not Verizon.

"Samsungs next phone will be out soon and it will have more power and features than the turbo."

If you want to go with a Samsung, have at it.  But I suggest you do your research first because if you're quick to blame Verizon and Motorola for the delay in updates to the Turbo, I can promise you you're going to be even more displeased if you go with a Samsung and their TouchWiz UI.  I've had plenty of Samsung phone's, and although I love their hardware, their phones are not for me.

<<Comments edited (personal comments, name calling removed) to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I find it funny he complains about the Turbo not having and SD card then says Samsungs next phone will have more power and features.  If the SDcard matters he wouldn't even start to bring up Samsung, and of course 2 year old Moto X compared newer devices should have more power and features.  The S5 vs. Moto X not the S7 vs. Moto X(2014). Should compare the S6 vs. Moto X(2015), and the S7 vs. Moto X(2016).

<<Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>