Re: What gives, why are you holding the update?
killodrum
Enthusiast - Level 3

It doesn't?  What specifically about the phone doesn't work?  Mine has been flawless.  Other folks I know that have the Turbo have also been very pleased with it.  So I'd be curious to know what specifically is not working well for you. 

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

killodrum wrote:

It doesn't?  What specifically about the phone doesn't work?  Mine has been flawless.  Other folks I know that have the Turbo have also been very pleased with it.  So I'd be curious to know what specifically is not working well for you.

You sound skeptical.  I understand, I'm skeptical whenever someone uses the term flawless.

Most of my issues are listed on this forum (I didn't scroll through all the pages, so I may missed one or two).  One I did not notice is an email issue. Some messages, including those from this site won't open. No problem from my desk or laptop.

The most irritating is some apps make the phone go nuts Press the app drawer icon and it places a search bar on the screen. It will do this until the screen is full. Other icons will do all sorts of weird things. Sometimes I can restart and get into settings and uninstall. Other times I have to remove the battery. This may happen as soon as I install or after using for a week or more.  Most are apps I used on my S4 with KK and the wife has on her S6..

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

For some it functions perfectly (their words). For a lot of us it doesn't. Mine has dropped calls with  AC turned on, no simultaneous voice and data when I  have to turn AC off; calls that goes directly to voice-mail without any notification or ringing ; WiFi reception worse than my previous device.... Just to point out a few.

0 Likes
killodrum
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Sometimes I can restart and get into settings and uninstall. Other times I have to remove the battery"

Skeptical, no...i just like to understand.  But now you have me confused.

I believe we're under the Droid Turbo thread, and in your response, you state other times you have to remove the battery.  If we're talking about the same device, the Droid Turbo does not have a removable battery.  When I made my statement about my device being flawless (yes, i realize that is a bold statement, but mine works great), I was referring to the Droid Turbo because that's the thread (and device) we're talking about here. 

If we're talking the same device, I'd be more than happy to offer some suggestions on some things to try to correct your issues, but I have a feeling we're not since you mentioned pulling the battery. 

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

It is the Turbo. I was having flashbacks to the LG my wife had on Sprint until recently.  I have to restart or sometimes I can get back into Google play and uninstall from there.  Weirdest thing I've encountered with a phone.  Sometimes hitting the home button moves the screen down about halfway.  Hit it again and it centers. 

0 Likes
th64
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Droid Turbo is a big turd.  What a joke of a phone.  This is my last Motorola and as soon as I find a different carrier, Verizon can suck it too.  They are a good pair as both have completely worthless service.  My Turbo is just over 2 months old, it is now completely dead.  It won't turn on, power button is messed up, dropped a lot of calls my other phones didn't, poor wifi reception.  It doesn't seem to mesh with the same apps I used on other phones.  What a complete piece of shit this is and Verizon is no help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are experiencing with your Droid Turbo th64! My priority is to first power your phone on! Then we can troubleshoot any other issues. When was the last time you were able to power on the phone? Is it fully charges? Have you tried charging with other chargers? You indicate that power button is messed up, is there any physical damage to the power button? In the mean time, please connect your phone to a USB port on your computer and try to power on.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
NorisezP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want to get off of 4.1.2 to something later and can't do it.  What are you people complaining about?

0 Likes
th64
Enthusiast - Level 2

The power button is now stuck into the phone, was that the main issue all along?  Hard to say.  I had to talk with Motorola to just now get a replacement phone maybe next week if I am lucky.  Verizon reps had me go all thru the things to get it to work and nothing helped.  BUT HERE IS THE BEST PART, I HAVE LOST ALL MY PICS AND INFORMATION BECAUSE CLOUD BACKED UP ALL MY STUFF SUNDAY TO SOMEWHERE THAT IS NOT MY CLOUD ACCOUNT.  This wouldn't have been an issue if motorola would still be allowing you to add your own memory cards.  Garbage phone.    I should have never left my old backup app, it never failed me and all verizon's cloud has done is lost everything.   Garbage Service.  For the first time ever, I am currently researching new cell phone carriers, I believe Verizon and I are pretty much done.

0 Likes
th64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think we are all complaining about the same thing but different lol.  It's the whole Turbo/Verizon experience.  If motorola says they are waiting for the carrier then that's on Verizon.  Why aren't they doing the update?  Is there a problem with the phones system accepting the update?  Like I said, it's all about the experience, all of our issues relate back to that.

0 Likes