What case can I use on my Razr that will fit in the multimedia docking station?
legan

I have two different cases for my Razr (original, not Maxx) but neither will work in the docking station, even with the insert removed. I want to find a case that will work because I don't want to have to remove the case every night. Has anyone found a case that fits, and what is the name/brand? Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: What case can I use on my Razr that will fit in the multimedia docking station?
bearone21
Legend

not really.

i have a droid x & can't use a car dock with the case on.

0 Likes
Re: What case can I use on my Razr that will fit in the multimedia docking station?
B33
Legend

I think the only one that will work is the one Approved From Motorola: Maybe the Gel Case that is Sold in the Store Might works as well

Here is a Line Up of the Products that Work with the Razr And the Best way to find witch one is Compatible is contact Motorola..

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/DROID-RAZR-BY-MOTOROLA/78281,en_US,pd.html?selectedTab=tab-3&cg...

0 Likes
legan

The case I have, which is the gel case sold in the store, was supposed to work with the docking station (it states it fits right on the box). I called tech support and they verified I had removed the insert on the station to allow for the case-then the guy actually got a phone and a case and a docking station and tried it himself. He was very surprised it didn't fit in the station. I saw some customer reviews on Amazon that spoke of a case that works but they didn't specify what brand it was.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I understand your Frustration as they say things can Work but they never seem to the Give what you need to Use to make things Work Properly..

DERoyer62

The gel case sold at Verizon will work in the dock but you have to trim the opening a little for it to plug in correctly. Have used one on my razr since I got it.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I use a PureGear case on my Razr Maxx and it works on the dock. It's a thin hardshell case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PureGear-Stand-Case-for-Verizon-Motorola-Droid-RAZR-XT912-Hard-Skin-Shell-Co...

0 Likes
legan

Thanks you! I was considering trying to trim the case at the top but was worried I would mess it up. But this does sound like a viable option

0 Likes
legan

Thanks-I can see that it leaves the top free so the charging prongs will reach. I may order one if my trimming of my gel case turns out badly

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Motorola also sells the PureGear Cases as Well for the Razr's  When looking at a Closer View of the case i could tell it's a close match to one the Verizon Store Sells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGwV18neQ0

0 Likes