Weird screen issue.. screen goes black for 1-2 seconds randomly.
durb69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently been experiencing this issue and it will not go away!  I have tried rebooting and hard resetting many times.  The phone will go to a black screen for 1-2 seconds or so and you see a really quick visual of what looks like when you switch to landscape mode.  This always happens while holding the phone almost perfectly vertical too.  Prior to this happening i would frequently have all of my home screen disappear and i would see a message on the screen about "homescreen failed to open"  or something similar to that. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Ive considered a factory reset.

Thanks,

Durb

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Weird screen issue.. screen goes black for 1-2 seconds randomly.
durb69
Enthusiast - Level 2

so now my phone is going to a black screen in a whole new way.  It just turns black like its has been unplugged then 2 seconds later it comes back on.  The other thing it does is fades in and out for a second like someone is playing with the screen brightness controls.  What the heck is going on??  I have deleted all the apps i downloaded in the last few months and i did a cache wipe.  Today i am going to do a factory reset and cache wipe.  Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Weird screen issue.. screen goes black for 1-2 seconds randomly.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes Durb69!

I would have recommended the factory reset as well. How did that turn out? Did the spooky screen issues go away?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes