Watch ESPN app not recognizing my name and password
quickiemonster

The watch espn app keeps informing me that it does not recognize my verizon id and password. I have tried numerous times and get the same response. I even changed my password. It obviously works on this site but I can not get into the Watch ESPN offerings.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Watch ESPN app not recognizing my name and password
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Quickiemonster,

Watching ESPN on the go sounds great! I know its important to have your sports on the go. Is this application offered through Verizon Wireless(cellphones) or your local cable provider? If your local cable provider, then you would need to contact the cable provider for log-in assistance.
Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ecroson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't get into it either. I even went through the steps of changing my Verizon password. It won't accept my username, phone number, password, nothing. I use the same exact information as when I log into Verizon, but it won't work on Watch ESPN or ESPN College Football. They both list Verizon as providers but neither one works. What's up with that Verizon? I really bumped up my mobile phone expenses a couple months ago and being able to connect to things like ESPN was part of the reason. Not very happy with this at all. Makes me wish I had stayed with Cricket.

ecroson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found this little nugget in the WatchESPN FAQ page:

I subscribe to Verizon Broadband (but not Verizon FIOS), can I get full access to all the networks on WatchESPN?

You will be able to view ESPN3 only on WatchESPN.

That really stinks. More money, more money, more money. Why doesn't Verizon have anything set up for access to real sports that isn't going to cost another arm and a leg?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your device as much as possible ecroson! Are you having difficulties with any other apps? Where did you download the ESPN apps from? Did you check with the app provider to see if your device is compatible?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VERIZON WIRELESS as they are not a cable TV provider. If you currently have cable TV service through Verizon Fios, then you can input your Verizon Fios username and password in order to access WatchESPN if your cable package includes ESPN. If you currently have cable service thru another provider and that provider is listed as a participating provider, then you can input your username and password for that provider if your cable package includes ESPN.

This is an ESPN requirement. ESPN is not going to give you free access to their programming if you are not currently paying for their programming.

rcschnoor
Legend

ecroson wrote:

They both list Verizon as providers but neither one works.

Actually, they both list Verizon FIOS TV as providers, not Verizon Wireless. If you currently have your cable TV provided by Verizon Fios, I can confirm that the Verizon Fios username and password DO work to access this service.

In the app description, the following are listed as the "current" providers available for this service, although more are being added. If your CABLE TV provider is not listed, then you will not be able to access the service.

* AT&T U-verse

* Bright House Networks

* Charter

* Comcast XFINITY

* Cox

* Midcontinent Communications

* Optimum

* Time Warner Cable

* Verizon FiOS TV

jmdplt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It very clearly states in the ESPN App…"Verizon" not Verizon FIOS.  Clearly another point of false advertising to generate revenue.  I haven't been able to input my name and password either. So much for the "streaming" upgrades

Tidbits
Legend

Everything I have seen and read about MyESPN says Verizon FIOS TV. ESPN has it set that TV subscribers who have ESPN can watch on their devices. If you are a Verizon wireless customer how are you subscribed to get ESPN? You are subscribed to ESPN if you are a FIOS TV customer...

0 Likes
jmdplt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am not a Verizon FIOS customer, just wireless. Downloaded the ESPN app from the App Store, and it shows that live streaming is available in several venues "IF" you are a Verizon customer. Once you select "VERIZON" (emphasis added) it will not recognize your username or password. Even though it advertises "free" streaming from ESPN (clearly enunciated within), it is obviously not. Missed two games while out of the country, and a third game today on ESPN3...needless to say the app has been deleted...