Want to Factory Reset But Cannot Get the Triage Screen
Edski
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded my Droid Razr Maxx HD so I figured I would sell it but I wanted to factory reset it to delete the data. The phone was encrypted so I figured that was my only option.

I went into the settings menus and selected Factory Reset. It confirmed I wanted to erase all the data and it started the process. It sat there for an hour at the Android Logo with the spinning globe in his tummy and seemingly did nothing.  I thought it was hung so I did 3 finger salute and figured I'd reset it from the Boot menu. So I followed the following steps to do a hard reset:

1. Power the device off.
  2. Press and hold the volume up/down key then press the power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu, release all buttons/keys.
  4. Press the volume down key to select Recovery then press the volume up key.

At this point, I should get the red M and then immediately get the Triage logo, but it just hangs there at the red M. When I try to boot it normally, it just sits there at the Android logo with a spinning globe in his tummy and does nothing.

Is there anything that I can do at this point to recover?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to Factory Reset But Cannot Get the Triage Screen
B33
Legend

You might Try holding the power + Volume Down for 30 sec. see if you can get anything to happen.. If it goes try the reset again. if you Game to do so..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Want to Factory Reset But Cannot Get the Triage Screen
B33
Legend

You might Try holding the power + Volume Down for 30 sec. see if you can get anything to happen.. If it goes try the reset again. if you Game to do so..

0 Likes