WHY IS MY 4G RAZR OPERATING AT 3G!
RCB708
Enthusiast - Level 2

AND WHY ARE TEXT PHOTOS NOT DOWNLOADING!  (YES I KNOW I'M SCREAMING - VERY UNHAPPY!)

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: WHY IS MY 4G RAZR OPERATING AT 3G!
B33
Legend

Are you on the Gingerbread OS or the I.C.S OS the Reason i ask i have been seeing this on my Maxx with Gingerbread it want's to stay on 3G more than 4G and although i at this time don't have a Solution, One Factor that might be causing the Shift the P.R.L it could be causing the issue i know since my Maxx updated to the new P.R.L this is when mine started acting up, I heard or read some wear it was something in the Gingerbread OS that is causing the 4G to drop off. And it Maybe this is the Case but One thing you can Try is Motorola's Restore Connectivity  App you might give that a Try and see if that help.!  Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Re: WHY IS MY 4G RAZR OPERATING AT 3G!
Not applicable

RCB708 wrote:

AND WHY ARE TEXT PHOTOS NOT DOWNLOADING!  (YES I KNOW I'M SCREAMING - VERY UNHAPPY!)

My wife has the Motorola Droid 4G and when in the city she gets and keeps the 4G but when she comes home which is out of the city the phone drops down to 3G yet its a difference of less than four miles.

I called and spoke to a local tech from the verizon store who said first off shut off the phone, remove the battery, and then remove the sim card and then reinsert the 4G sim card and battery and then restsrt the phone. the issue of 3g to 4g corrected but only for a short time.

I was also told to check if I was roaming. I was not. Then he said I may be in a fring area or in overlapping towers which can cause that situation. he suggested to drive either back down to the city and see if 4G connects. Then drive back up towards home and see when it reverts to 3G this on the fring must have been the case since when approaching home this is when 4G was lost.

My other 4G Spectrum also does the same thing. as well as my friends Nexus shows 3G so my friend must have been correct. so nothing to worry about unless you have no 4G at all in which case verizon will get you another sim card.

why are your photos not downloading via text? Well probably because your photos are too high a resolution to be sent via that method.  Try sending the photos via email and if they are received then you know what I said was correct.

0 Likes