Voicemail notifications after upgrade
MICWAL60

untitled.pngAfter the upgrade I no longer get a voicemail notification, instead I receive a text message with a string of random characters and the number that called.

I only see the voicemails if I restart my phone.  None of the rests listed in the troubleshooting guide have helped and trying to find answers have become increasingly frustrating.

I have the Droid MAXX 2 and above is the current info about the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail notifications after upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to miss any important voice mails, MICWAL60. Do you use basic or visual voice mail? Have you tried toggling the notification setting with the appropriate voice mail steps which can be found here: http://spr.ly/6588BQW02

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICWAL60

Yes I've tried those steps and still nothing. Still getting a text

message for missed calls.

//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=128;c=2;t=v;s=(telephone number wold be here)

4;dt=23/06/2016 15:41 -0400;l=3;dev_t=5

On Jun 24, 2016 2:40 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Visual Voicemail or the basic voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MICWAL60

Basic

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The message you posted tells me that the system "thinks" you have the visual voicemail either the basic version or the Premium version. I would suggest checking your My Verizon account online and see what the system lists for the type of voicemail is associated with the line. You might need to call customer service get it fully sorted. If necessary, you can add a block to the line prevent any subscription to any of the visual voicemail option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes