Voicemail Indicator Bubble show's new VM when there is none.
EVarzea

Hello all;

Have my Droid Turbo - loving it.

Issue with Voice Mail app.  Version 3.02.08.  Shows "red bubble" notification as "1" (having an "unheard" voicemail).  However there are no unheard/unread voicemails.

Running Voice Mail 'Basic'.  Android Version 5.1.

Anyway to address/clear?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Indicator Bubble show's new VM when there is none.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EVarzea,

I love my Droid Turbo also. I can certainly assist you with getting rid of that ghost voicemail indicator. In order to do so, please go into Settings>Apps> then swipe right to left to be in the All apps tab>scroll down to Voice Mail and choose Clear Data. You can also click on the show notification checkmark off and back on in this screen. Then check your voicemail icon to ensure the notification bubble has disappeared off of it. Keep us posted with your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EVarzea

Hello there;

Thanks for the reply.  I tried both suggestions and the ghost mail notification remains.  I had to power off and restart the phone, only then does it go away.  I need a different solution.

Eddie

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes it gets stuck. When it happens to me, I dial my phone number from another phone and leave a couple second message. Then on the phone, I listen to my voicemail and delete the message I just left. After that, the voicemail indicator goes away.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes