Voicemail Box Access delay up to 1 minute, or none at all with 4.1.2
Korea_Traveler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I was upgraded to 4.1.2, the Voicemail Icon changed.  Before the upgrade, I was able to press the icon and my voicemail message status would pop up within a second. 

After the upgrade,  It can take up to 1 minute with the following message: "Please Wait...Signing In" or after 1 minute it fails with the message "Network Error-could not contact Voicemail server.  Please try again later"

By simply pressing *86, I connect to VM immediately, but I can no longer just press the VM Icon and see status.  If this is an upgrade, then it fails.  Will this be fixed?  Are there work arounds to see the VM status without using the VM Icon? 

The upgrade basically created a problem with a function which was problem free.  If it can't work, how can I delete the useless VM icon?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Box Access delay up to 1 minute, or none at all with 4.1.2
Korea_Traveler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I started this thread, I wanted to comment on this suggestion.

When following these directions, I have a green VM icon on my home screen; however, it only gives me the option to dial *86.  What is really odd is that I cannot call VM since selecting *86 just gives me the option of sending a text message or placing a skype call, but that indicates I entered the wrong country code.

I did remove the original Red VM icon since it was useless and is really just an add to buy visual VM for $2.99/mo.

I concluded that Verizon has disabled this feature so I just resort to using the pull down menu to see status.  For those suffering this latest "feature upgrade", I suggest removing the VM icon and just using the pull down.

BTW, have others seen this behavior for all Verizon phones, or just the Razr Maxx?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Voicemail Box Access delay up to 1 minute, or none at all with 4.1.2
marksyny

I agree.  Complete nonsense. Push vm icon and I receive "signing in" message.  5-10 seconds to have icon act as a shortcut is ridiculous.  Before jellybean update it would only take 1 second to connect to vm.

0 Likes
Korea_Traveler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know the cause of the new bug, but it definitely occurred immediately after the update.

The worst problem is that I often get an error message noted above after waiting one minute.

This is now a useless icon, but I can't seem to delete it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Korea_Traveler, thank you for sharing your issue with your voicemail icon on your device. Are you using visual voicemail or basic voicemail? When accessing voicemail via the button, does it give you an option to re-enter your password? Please clear cache from the voicemail by going to Settings, Apps, select the All tab, then Voicemail (may be listed as Visual). Clear cache and data. Attempt to access voicemail access voicemail again.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RubyFriday7

I have this exact same problem.  I've followed your suggestion to clear the cache.  Problem still exists.  This is in basic voice mail, not visual.  HELP!

0 Likes
glapasky

I am also having this problem.  If I dial *86, I go straight to voice mail.  If I use the icon on my phone, it get Please wait...Signing in...

I tried clearing cache and data.  Does not help!

0 Likes
Korea_Traveler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this a problem with RAZR or are other phones having the problem after the "upgrade"?

I am pretty sure Verizon is the problem because the VM access is either delayed, up to a minute or times out with an error message noted above. 

What is interesting is the delay appears to be related to the service and signal strength.  I can always dial *86 and connect; however, if I do not have 4G service, "unable to connect" message sometimes occurs.  Even with 3G, it is not always possible to connect using the voicemail icon.  So I would conclude it has something to do with Verizon's VM routing or sign in procedures. 

It's odd that it only occurs with DROID RAZR MAXX.  Has anyone had this problem with other phones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, everyone! I have a Razr Maxx myself and know exactly what you're experiencing and have great news. I know how to fix it! Based on everyone's description, the voicemail icon you're selecting that says "signing in" is a red box. This is a shortcut to the Visual Voicemail application. To make a shortcut to basic voicemail (bypassing the phone's automatic thought of trying to sign into Visual Voicemail) follow these steps:

1. Go into Apps
2. Select the Widgets tab
3. Press and hold "Contact 1x1" and place the widget onto your home screen.
4. Once it's placed on the home screen, you'll automatically be prompted to select a contact. Pick your Voicemail contact.
5. You should now have a green voicemail shortcut box that you can tap on and call direct to basic voicemail.

I do hope this helps all of you as well.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mmurtha

Hey Jeniffer, I just tried to move the contact 1x1 widget over to the home page but it will not stay on the page. It acts like it moved until I go to home but doesn't show up. Got any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you press the widget, are you continuing to hold it until it moves to your home screen?  In other words, once you press it, do not let go until you get to wherever on your home screen you want it placed, then let go.  Once you let go, you'll immediately be taken to your list of contacts so that you can choose the appropriate contact for the widget (in this case, Voice Mail).

0 Likes