Vision disability looking for phone? (Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX?)
amstarr

Need help with picking a phone! Before I actually ask about phones there's something that you need to know in order to help me pick the right phone for me. I am legally blind and have low vision not blind, okay I need a phone that is a GREAT phone for me, I need good GPS and also looking for a phone that has good large system font size (not just in text messaging) I know the IPhone is a good phone BUT Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, CAUGHT my eye! I really like the sound of this phone (i'm no apple fanboy obviously haa) I need help with advice and maybe a little information about what android accessibility there are? Any help would be awesome!!! Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Vision disability looking for phone? (Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX?)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure if the DROID Razr (the Maxx or the standard model) has an option to natively change the font size of all the icons and system settings. You should check out the accessibility options in the phone settings or it could also be in the display settings.

If there isn't anything built into the phone, there are some applications in the Play Store that are designed for users with limited vision.

Another option that you can look into is the Galaxy Nexus phone. In its display settings is an option to change the font size for the text of the icons and settings. I don't know if the "Extra Large" size will work for you. However when I test it out, the "Extra Large" size appears to be slightly larger than twice the size of the "Normal" font size.

I would also suggest going to a store and asking if the sales reps could assist you with the display phones to change the fonts on the phone's and see if the size changes will work for your situation. If you have a friend or family member with the phone you are interested in, you could also ask them for a demonstration of the fonts and size control.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Vision disability looking for phone? (Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX?)
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

im looking at my rzr maxx and under accessibilities, u can have voice readouts and use a zoom mode, which makes everything larger. hope this helps u Smiley Happy

0 Likes