Video takes pictures, not video
VERSTU72

Since the last update, my Droid Turbo 2 has several issues. It's really slow, pressing the video icon snaps a picture instead of videoing and the icon to change the camera from back to front also snaps a picture but won't turn. I talked to Verizon and they don't know how to fix it. I've rebooted my phone many times, checked all my settings and nothing makes a difference. For $150 deductible I could use my insurance to get another phone but I don't even have this one paid off yet. I've only had it just over a year. Any advice?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Video takes pictures, not video
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

VERSTU72​, let us help you speed things up and get you back to taking pictures without any problems. Are you having issues with the working camera while on other applications on your phone that utilize it? Do you get any error messages when using the camera?

Keep us posted with additional details to assist.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Klimemi

I am having the same issue.  I was taking a video and everything was fine. I then tried to do another video and now when pressing the video icon it takes a picture. How did this happen? How do I fix this issue.

0 Likes
Klimemi

No I am able to take pictures just fine.

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@verstu72 not sure if you resolved your issues, but I discovered the hard way. Moto Camera app is NOT compatible with the Settings->Display Size feature. If it is set to anything other than Default, the camera app cannot detect the video or the switch camera overlays. If you changed it, switch it back to Default and Moto Camera app will start working again!

0 Likes