Re: Verizon warranty
Lisa7826
Enthusiast - Level 1

And there would be a class action lawsuit if a product proved to be promoted as something it is not.

0 Likes
Unhappycustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

That exact thing happened to me with the iphone I bought at full price. It lasted about a month before the whole speaker assembly crashed. So, Verizon's measly 2-week guarantee covers you if your phone shows its crappiness within 2 weeks.  If the manufacturer defect rears its ugly head in 4 weeks, too bad. But we have excellent repair people who will fix someone else's broken phone for you! And the BBB is no help. They accept the reply "Sorry, but that's our warranty" as a resolution. And I went back and forth with the Executive Relations office 4 or 5 times through the BBB.

0 Likes
ritsbits1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is the middle man to selling you a phone, replacing your phone, troubleshooting your phone, shipping your phone, etc. Verizon provides the resources to replace your device quickly with CLNR (certified like new replacement) when you have a defective device. This is not your only option, you can contact the manufacturor for a NEW replacement phone. However you will more then likely be waiting three weeks + for that replacement.

THAT is why Verizon has it's own program to provide replacement devices in a timely fashion to it's customers. They don't do this because they have a requirement to support devices created by another company, they do this as a means of convenience to a customer base that does not generally want to wait three whole weeks for a new phone.

-MANUFACTUROR'S Warranty- It is ultimately the manufacturor's responsibility regarding their product and equipment. Verizon does it's own replacement program as a service to the customer.

In regards to the original post, everyone at Verizon recieves a CLNR device on a defective device when replaced through a warranty through VERIZON. This is not a unique situation.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

Under "My Wireless Device" shows the stipulations and requirements Verizon Wireless has regarding your device; in short, Verizon Wireless's commitment regarding your device is only that it is properly programmed and provisioned to communicate properly with the Verizon Network. (Which coincidentally also ties into the various complaints on this forum about pushing updates through the phones and blaming Verizon for delays. Verizon has a legal obligation to make sure that update does not interfere with your ability to utilize it's wireless network. So stop complaining if they are checking all their aces.)

To the original post and Khoa. Your agent was unable to find that detail in the customer agreement because ultimately liability of that device lands on the manufacturor.

And for clarity, a CLNR device can be a device that was opened up for 10 seconds and then returned. After that point it can no longer be sold as a new device, even if by all accounts it still is. Yes, some devices with minor defects are redistributed at CLNR devices. They also go through a 100-point Test that has to pass on all notes before it can ever be certified for redistribution. Considering you can recieve a brand new device from a manufacturor that can still have defects, your device is probably getting more attention for certification when it's being sold as a CLNR.

Dooms87

And like lewis said when the company presents that contract you signed to the court guess who's losing the case

0 Likes
ezcompany

youre right you didnt pay to get a certified used phone, what you paid wouldnt even cover half the cost of what the ACTUAL retail value of that phone is new or used. FYI the certified used phones you get 99% of the time are newer than the original one you have that you send back to verizon. when people buy phones and then decide with in that 14 day period that they dont like it or want it anymore and they take it back to verizon; verizon will refurbish and sell it as a certified used phone, so if the phone you broke, or it had a malfunction etc, and it was more than 14 days old and you send it back to verizon the certified used one they send you is only about 14 days old lol so quit bitching about it, or go to another carrier (where they really will fuck you over) or goto prepaids, and have a shitty phone that wont get all the new android updates like carrier phones will. FYI when your 300 dollar prepaid breaks guess what you dont have insurance, and unless its a software error youre not covered either lol so you'll have to shell out another 300 bucks.

0 Likes
FVSHUMATE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same thing happen.  I purchased a Samsung S22 in July of 2022, now in June, the phone failed in that it did not give me notice of voice mails.  After support went through several "trouble shooting" steps, short of reset to factory settings, they agreed to send me a replacement phone.  Then the replacement phone failed(touch screen issue) after 2 weeks and when I called them again, then they informed me the replacement was a "certified like new refurbished phone" well obviously,  a refurbished phone is not "like new" when it fails after 2 weeks!  I went round and round that I do not agree that a replacement within the warranty period should be refurbished.  They said I agreed to this when I purchased, and the sales person should have informed me of the 30 day window to get a new replacement phone.  I do not recall getting this information from the sales person, and reading the customer agreement included in the purchase says nothing about the refurbished replacement policy.  I feel this is a "bait and switch" I have been a customer of Verizon for over 15 years.  Do not feel that my loyalty is being appreciated.   

I want a new phone replaced not a refurbished phone.

0 Likes