Various Issues, Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update Droid Razr Maxx
DBNewbie_2007

Not sure if anyone else have experienced these problems with the Jelly bean 4.1.2 update?

1. Battery seems to be discharging faster (have to charge daily now, not every 2-3 days).
  2. One touch dialing is gone.[Seriously? In these days of hands free driving, doesn't anyone see this as a safety issue?]
  3. Putting my phone into vibrate mode, something is causing it to go back to regular/ring mode.
    This is a real issue in an office where cell phones are discouraged. Still have not pinpointed what is causing this/when it happens, but I suspect it is when I use the phone to dial out?
  4. Voice recognition/voice to text does not seem to work as well, system is making a lot more mistakes.
  5. Text messages use to prompt me for punctuation marks after I was done typing or voice recognition.  On the few occasions that is does now, it will leave a space between the punctuation mark and the text.
  6. Some of the widgets I use to use disappeared (like Weather).

I usually look forward to updates, but this is a major step back. Seems like a good reason to root a phone just to go *back* to a previous version!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Various Issues, Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update Droid Razr Maxx
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, several things were removed in Jelly Bean, such as Speed Dial, Weather, and Sticky Notes.  Here's the changelog if you haven't seen it:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/944899#944899

Alternatives to Speed Dial include Direct Dial widgets and the Favorite Contacts widget.  And, of course, there are several weather and note-taking apps in Google Play.

Have you tried doing a system cache clear?  That sometimes corrects some bugginess after a system update.  It shouldn't erase any of your data:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
dino56100

just a note because i had the same issue do not forget to go to "settings">apps > all> scroll all the way down to "Download Manager and enable it for some reason after the update this is in the disabled position GL

0 Likes
DroidRazrMaxx2013

I need to add another issue, "Allow Bluetooth bypass" does not work on my new Razr Maxx HD.  I would call this a bug.  Just retired Droid 2 and used the function all the time: active voice command from Bluetooth ear piece.  However, the Razr Maxx unlocks the screen every time I request a voice command from the Bluetooth, with the phone in my pocket, the voice command is interrupted but getting bumped around in my pocket.  Talk about a safety issue!

Has anybody else had this issue?

One touch dialing is gone.[Seriously? In these days of hands free driving, doesn't anyone see this as a safety issue?]

I have to +1 on this issue; this is really weak; this should be a basic function (and was on the older versions). 

0 Likes