Used for New "replacement phones"????
Shadow1821

This going to be a lengthy post but I hope I can get some suggestions on how others have dealt with this issue.

I bought a new Droid Razr the first week of May...busy time for me as I'm a florist (Mother's Day, Proms, etc.).  So I didn't really have a lot of time to "play" with my phone until a couple of weeks later.  I assigned a new default & notification ringtone as well as contact tones.  A couple of days later I noticed that my incoming rings had mysteriously gone back to the original default setting.  After setting and resetting several times I took the phone back to my local Verizon store (where It was purchased).  The tech there couldn't find any problem, worked perfectly for her!  Well the next day it was back to the awful default ring, again!  Called my local Verizon to see if I could exchange the phone (this was at the end of May ) and was told no because it was past the 14 day return date. 

My next step was to call Motorola to see if they could solve my problem.  They suggested that I could send my phone in or perform a master reset.  Took the phone to Verizon for the reset.and things looked like they were going to be fine.  The ringtones were working again, but then I discovered that my Facebook Widget would not load all of the contacts. Took it back to Verizon, showed them my new problem and the tech spent an hour on the phone with Tech Support trying to fix it.  Because the store didn't have a decent signal that day I had to take the phone home and do yet another reset.  But I was told that if that didn't fix the problem I could opt for a different phone (which I assumed meant NEW).  Went back the next day because it still wouldn't load and told them to replace my phone.  BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU CAN MAKE!!!!!  That was the 1st week of July.

Received my "new" phone 2 days later, opened the box and was shocked to see a "like new replacement".  At the Verizon store I was informed that this was they're policy and they never replace with new phones.  I wasn't happy but had them switch over all my info to the "new/old" phone.  The tech there was all excited because this phone had ICS already installed and I asked if that was supposed to make me feel better about my "old" phone?  Now I was going to have to get used to a new system and I was just getting the hang of the old one.  The next morning I realized my Facebook widget photos were blurry and when I open the Contact Pictures they were too.  I'm thinking "Will this phone nightmare never end?" 'cause I'm gettin" real tired of fightin' to use my phone.  My family and I have been happy Verizon customers for years, with never a problem.....until now!

So I visit the Verizon store yet again to tell them my "new/old" phone has problems also.  They couldn't figure it out so I was told to call Tech Support.  What a joke!!!  Everybody there has got the company line down pat.  They are like robots reading from the same script.  "No we can't replace your phone with a new one because it is a used phone."  Really???  It was "used" the day I walked out of the Verizon store but I could of had a "New" replacement when it was used for 14 days???  What part of that logic makes any sense!  I have talked until I'm blue in the face trying to reason with this company but they don't seem to care.  Your phone has been a piece of crap for 2 months?  No problem we'll just send you another "used" piece of crap!  II didn't want a Refurbished phone, that's why I paid for a NEW one!

After going online I discovered that the problems  I was experiencing were probably caused by the Droid operating system and its bugs, not the phone itself!  If Verizon would have told me that Droid was having these issues I could have lived with that until the ICS update.  Now I have a "used" phone when I paid for a "new" one and it still doesn't work!  All I want from Verizon is a NEW replacement, not someone else's problem phone.

P.S.  If you are ever faced with having to replace your phone, return it to Motorola and they will repair your phone or replace it with a NEW phone.  If it is repaired you will get your original phone back not a "used" replacement.  I learned this to late, and of course Verizon would never tell you that.  It seems kind of like a big Phone Ponzi scheme.  Sell a new phone, customer returns the the new phone, Verizon replaces with an old phone and turns the new phone into an old "refurbished" phone and sells it again.  What a nice racket!!!

Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Used for New "replacement phones"????
Unhappycustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

"No we can't replace your phone with a new one because it is a used phone."  Really???  It was "used" the day I walked out of the Verizon store but I could of had a "New" replacement when it was used for 14 days???  What part of that logic makes any sense!  I have talked until I'm blue in the face trying to reason with this company but they don't seem to care.  Your phone has been a piece of crap for 2 months?  No problem we'll just send you another "used" piece of crap!  II didn't want a Refurbished phone, that's why I paid for a NEW one!

Exactly!!

naterazr

I wish I wasn't going to be this guy... but I actually have not had a problem with my "like new" phone. I'll admit I was surprised after receiving the new phone due to data connectivity issues with my old RAZR. I was not sure how it would be but I gave it a shot hoping it would work well. Luckily I am one of the few it seems who got a phone that wasn't crap. Now I am having the same issues with my data connections but as I have heard its not an issue too uncommon even in new phones so I cannot complain completely. I am going to get another one soon as long as the people will let me do it all over again. I completely understand your pains with the phones an honestly some of the issues probably could have been fixed with a proper tech who knew the RAZR well but not all of them do, and it may have been a problem nothing would be able to fix. I am sure by now the frustration has made you not want the phone anymore but it really is a good phone and I hope it works out well for you in the end.

0 Likes
Unhappy-Verizon-Custo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shadow, welcome to refurbished phone hell.  I bought a new HTC, and it didn't work properly right out of the box.  Guess what, I got a refurbished phone with software that was so old it wouldn't update.  This is a new way for manufacturers to save money and get out of warranties.  Verizon is just as guilty becuase Verizon acts as an agent for these companies that are ripping us off.  I AM ON MY 7TH REFURBISHED PHONE AND IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY.  You have 2 choices.  You can swap phones out for 2 years, until your contract is up or just buy a new phone.  Verizon will not solve the problem.  Do not look to Verizon, their tech support will waste your time, have your try a gazillion fixes, when the problem is these crap phones that are not built to last more than a few months.  When my contract is up, I am switching to Sprint and getting an Iphone.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

>Post deleted as irrelevant and off topic.. <

><

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Unhappy-Verizon-Custo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shadow, I just filed my complaint with the FCC.  These threads are suspect to me.  I don't understand why there are people on here who just want to attack unhappy Verizon customers.  I suspect some of them work for Verizon or have some interest in the company.  Really, we are just venting here.  I filed my complaint today.  It took only 5 minutes, on-line, very easy.  I was also able to attach documents, like my letter to Verizon.  I recommend it.  http://www.fcc.gov/

0 Likes