Highlighted

Re: Updates Making You Want An I phone ?????

rickwoz wrote:

Hmmmm...... well not a single user that agrees with me.  Maybe something is wrong with my phone ?  Going to the Verizon Store I guess.

Thank you for all you replies.

Rick

The other thing to remember is that the updates should be optional to do, they should prompt you to install. You always have the option to not do the install. Yes, ICS was a big change over GB on the RAZR, but the other update was a small fix and did not change the basic OS and how things worked.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

rickwoz wrote:

Hmmmm...... well not a single user that agrees with me.  Maybe something is wrong with my phone ?  Going to the Verizon Store I guess.

Thank you for all you replies.

Rick

Just which updates are you talking about? Are these operating system updates, or app updates?

If you are complaining about app updates, you can turn off notifications for these updates and set them for manual updating. Then you will no longer get any of these updates unless you go in and check for them and manually start the download. To save on data, you can also have these update only while on wi-fi.

0 Likes
Highlighted

IMHO ANY Droid beats an iPhone. I've had some serious difficulties with the Razr and now the Maxx but nothing that would make me, even for a nano-second, consider an iPhone. As others have stated, there have only been two updates and only I.C.S. was an OS level update. Take a deep breath, it'll get better.

Highlighted

Thank you, I sure hope so.  Have a good week !

0 Likes