Updated to Kit Kat. Now my phone won't connect to my home Wifi.
TJ366
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just updated to KitKat.  Now my phone won't connect to my home Wifi.  Even after reentering the password, or making it forget the network and re adding  it.  It shows it, shows it as a saved network, but won't connect. How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Updated to Kit Kat. Now my phone won't connect to my home Wifi.
soupzx7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn off your BlueTooth, it will allow you to use wifi. Not a good fix but something seems to be conflicting between the two

View solution in original post

rdell2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

My connects to wifi post update but even worse so, the mobile network drops continually and is not available more than it is available.  Another fail by Verizon

CallingItLikeISeeIt
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are not alone. I turned off my 4G connectivity and was able to force a connection to my WiFi at home. This needs to be corrected ASAP.

Rdibene
Enthusiast - Level 1

RAZR Maxx HD after update Wifi is horrible. It is down more often than up. In fact have to shut it off to receive email, mms, etc. Please provide a fix.

Thaedion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm replying to this post only to iterate to the powers-that-be that there is an issue. I also am experiencing interrupted wif after upgrading to KitKat (5/15/2014) I have performed a full factory reset of my phone (Droid Razr Maxx HD) on 5/16/14 and did not restore any apps I only allowed for the factory defaults and my contacts to load to rule out a 3rd party app as the cause. only after a reboot will I gain wifi connection then after a period of time (I believe a period of inactivity) the wifi will turn off then will not reconnect (even after turning on/off the wifi and hitting connect) if I do another reboot I'll regain my wifi.

jaj77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the KitKat update today, and my WiFi is hosed too. I did a support chat and the suggestion was to power cycle (I had already done twice), reset my router and then factory reset the phone. I did try resetting the router (didn't make since, but that's a heck of a lot easier than resetting the phone) but no go. Like Thaedion reported, after I power cycle, I'll be connected but after a while, it disconnects. And before that, even when it shows connected, anything requiring internet fails. My router doesn't even show up unless I go to Manage Accounts, and then it says out of range. I'm in the same room as the router! And nothing in my setup at home has changed. Just the KitKat update.... this is NOT acceptable Verizon! How does something like this get past testing?

msrkfixit1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine will connect upon a power cycle, but won't stay connected and won't reconnected to my home wifi.  update pushed yesterday and doesn't work now.  I have the razr maxx hd. interesting others are having the same issue.  hope they fix this soon.

soupzx7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn off your BlueTooth, it will allow you to use wifi. Not a good fix but something seems to be conflicting between the two

dan48285
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here.. You are not alone.. Feeling a bit in the stone age.. Phone without WiFi

tptshoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Is it possible to revert to the old version?

0 Likes