Update Failed
jhite

The latest update to 23.21.49 failed... repeatedly. I've tried to install it multiple times. It reboots, starts the upgrade, fails, boots back up normally, and gives me a message on the screen saying update unsuccessful.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Update Failed
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try re-downloading the update package - it sounds like the first one is corrupted.  Go to System updates, check for

updates, and re-download it.

0 Likes
jhite

I've tried that several times. One time it even told me it was corrupted. On that attempt it did not even restart. It detected the incorrect signature as soon as it was done downloading. Phone operates normally otherwise.

When it fails the system update progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way across, hangs for a moment, then you see a quick flash of the error droid, then it reboots.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a relatively minor update - I see no real difference in the operation of my phone.  What if you just stop trying to install it and continue using the phone without it?  Does it continue to prompt you to install it?

0 Likes
jhite

Multiple times per day it will ask me if I want to install the update. My options are Yes or No, Maybe Later. There is no "No, Never" option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try plugging it into a computer and use the software repair tool to get the update installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jhite

I did try that but the only computer I have is Windows 10 and it didn't try to install the software when I plugged it in even though that setting is turned on. Is there a link to download it somewhere?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have needed to change the connection type from charging to a different mode.  Try Motorola's website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jhite,

Sorry to hear about trouble with getting your phone to update. We'd like to assist if we can. I would recommend that you try wiping the phone's cache partition and then attempt the update again afterwards. It's possible there's something in the cache that's causing a problem for the process. The steps for this process can be found here: http://bit.ly/1safX96 Let us know if you have success afterwards.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This response should be directed to jhite - I have installed the update with no issues.

0 Likes